Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or heard of it:

    Ever since I switched from my BB Curve to my Palm Pre, I haven't been able to receive email notifications from Facebook for things like FB messages, friend requests/etc. I tried unchecking and checking the boxes again for the email notifications on the Facebook site, and I tried switching out the email address associated with the account, but I still have no luck.

    Anyone have any other alternative possible solutions to the problem? I'd rather get the email updates over the text message updates.
  2. #2  
    Well first off the facebook app isn't like the one for blackberry where you get notifications and all that. Unless you set up a gmail account or other form of push email to receive email "as it arrives" then thats not going to happen. The only facebook app that even gives any notifications would be friendsflow that I know of.
  3. #3  
    Are you recieving email notifications to your regular email account?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    Well first off the facebook app isn't like the one for blackberry where you get notifications and all that. Unless you set up a gmail account or other form of push email to receive email "as it arrives" then thats not going to happen. The only facebook app that even gives any notifications would be friendsflow that I know of.
    actually, I should have said this before, but I don't even really use the Facebook app that came on the phone. I like using the mobile site for FB better than the app. so, I'm not sure why I wouldn't be getting FB notifications through email just like I was with my Blackberry.

    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Are you recieving email notifications to your regular email account?
    When I had my Blackberry, I would receive email notifications to my Gmail address, and now with the Pre, I'm not receiving FB email notifications to my Gmail address at all.
  5.    #5  
    so, anyone have any other ideas on fixes to my problem?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rslone91 View Post
    so, anyone have any other ideas on fixes to my problem?
    I don't see how switching phones would interfere with your online email account. It may be just a coincindence.
    Under Settings-->Notifications
    Do you have everything turned on under the email settings. I have a Pixi and I'm getting all my email notifications. Maybe try turning off all notification save it and log out. Log back in and turn them all on again, save it and log out. See if you start getting some emails.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I don't see how switching phones would interfere with your online email account. It may be just a coincindence.
    Under Settings-->Notifications
    Do you have everything turned on under the email settings. I have a Pixi and I'm getting all my email notifications. Maybe try turning off all notification save it and log out. Log back in and turn them all on again, save it and log out. See if you start getting some emails.
    It is very strange that I stopped receiving the emails when I switched phones, I know.

    Yes, I have all my email settings turned on in Facebook on that page you mentioned. My girlfriend has a Pixi and gets all her FB notifications, but I don't get them on my Pre. I've already tried the turn off notifications/save, log back in and turn back on notifications, save thing as well. No dice.

    Anyone else with suggestions?
  8. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #8  
    I've been having trouble logging on to FB with the webOS app, or Friendsbook for 2 days now.

    Friendsbook, loads 50% of the time and the webOS FB app keeps displaying the "unable to Connect - please try again later", message. ;-(
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rslone91 View Post
    It is very strange that I stopped receiving the emails when I switched phones, I know.

    Yes, I have all my email settings turned on in Facebook on that page you mentioned. My girlfriend has a Pixi and gets all her FB notifications, but I don't get them on my Pre. I've already tried the turn off notifications/save, log back in and turn back on notifications, save thing as well. No dice.

    Anyone else with suggestions?
    thought I would keep trying...anyone?
  10.    #10  
    I figured out my problem- for some reason, my Facebook notification emails started going to my Junk Mail folder all of a sudden in Gmail. No idea why this started happening, because I made no changes on my end besides changing the phone on my Sprint account from a BB Curve to the Pre.

Posting Permissions