Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have a Droid and may switch to the Pre but I need a back up for contacts and calendar. I lost a ton of contacts because GMail got out of whack. Now if the Pre can back up GMail, I am sold. I had a Droid backup and it failed to restore my GMail contacts and calendar.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You can always export from google. That's what I do after an update, just export and save a "backup" on my hard drive. Which get's Mozied.
    The pre will sync with your goohle contacts. To back them up I'd suggest using the export option on the gmail web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
    I have a Droid and may switch to the Pre but I need a back up for contacts and calendar. I lost a ton of contacts because GMail got out of whack. Now if the Pre can back up GMail, I am sold. I had a Droid backup and it failed to restore my GMail contacts and calendar.
    As was mentioned, you can export Google Contacts to a CSV. There is also a patch that allows you to send all your Pre contacts as a VCard attachment. This is a very good backup of contacts.
    Patch Contacts Send All via Email - WebOS Internals