1.    #1  
    I have the Pre Plus on Verizon. For contacts, I created the Google profile, and when I hit "Sync" there is a prompt indicating the sync is starting and then has completed. But there are no contacts in the Pre. I have deleted the profile and re-intered the info and the problem persists. Any ideas or suggestions? I have my Pre calendar syncing to Google Calendar just fine.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I fixed it by

1. removing the contacts in "my contacts" in google contacts
    2. force sync google contacts in preferences on pre (removing contacts since only "my contacts" are synced(
    3. add contacts back to "my contacts" in google contacts
    4. repeat step 2 adding contacts.

this worked for me. I have 400 contacts and previously only 224 would sync. Now all do.

hope it helps
  4.    #4  
    I got it working. In Gmail Contacts, I got all my contacts into the "My Contacts" folder (instead of "All Contacts"). The sync worked fine after that. I just have a few messes like mis-filings to clean up. Thanks for pointing the way and getting me fixed up!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    I fixed it by

1. removing the contacts in "my contacts" in google contacts
    2. force sync google contacts in preferences on pre (removing contacts since only "my contacts" are synced(
    3. add contacts back to "my contacts" in google contacts
    4. repeat step 2 adding contacts.

this worked for me. I have 400 contacts and previously only 224 would sync. Now all do.

hope it helps
    I regret that this did NOT work for me. only got me a few more 966 now (of 1259 all/my) while before I had 951. All 1259 are in My Contacts (and I deleted and returned them to My Contacts once). I even synced with empty My Contacts which removed all google contacts from my Pre and then resynced after returning contacts to My Contacts on Google. Got 966 or 1259 contacts onto Pre using various methods. All 1259 are in my contacts. Some of the missing contacts are my mother which had been on my Pre a week or so ago etc. (I got a replacement Pre and it upgraded to 1.3.5.1, I believe I was running same OS on the old Pre. I don't believe this is a hardware problem but mention it for full disclosure).
    Last edited by liv2surf; 01/27/2010 at 10:25 AM.
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm Vx (RAM upgraded by 3rd pty) > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 2 x Pre (mine and my wife's)