Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. nextboy88's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #1  
    So I just picked up a Pre Plus, and my Google contacts are not syncing. I have over 250 contacts and only 61 will sync. I've deleted and re-added the account and still nothing. All the other accounts synced just fine. Anyone have any ideas?!? Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nextboy88 View Post
    So I just picked up a Pre Plus, and my Google contacts are not syncing. I have over 250 contacts and only 61 will sync. I've deleted and re-added the account and still nothing. All the other accounts synced just fine. Anyone have any ideas?!? Thanks in advance.
    Go to your Gmail contacts, then look at your "My Contacts". What's the number there? That's the list that Palm usually syncs with. Not sure why not all of them listed under "All Contacts".
  3. nextboy88's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #3  
    I have over 250 in the my contacts. I'm coming from Android so I'm sure they are working okay. I am able to use Microsoft EAS to sync my contacts with Google Sync, but not using my Google account.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Go to your Gmail contacts, then look at your "My Contacts". What's the number there? That's the list that Palm usually syncs with. Not sure why not all of them listed under "All Contacts".
    It use to sync with "All Contacts" and people really hated that(myself included) All contacts is every random person you emailed, My Contacts are people you actually set up profiles with.
  5. #5  
    nextboy88, I have the same issue that you have. There is an issue with 1.3.5.1 (maybe goes back to 1.3.5) that causes this, although I havent heard in the other threads if there has been an exact reason. This isnt the permanent solution, but exporting your contacts in a vCard and then emailing them to an email address that you access on your native Pre Plus' email app will import your contacts.
  6. nextboy88's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    nextboy88, I have the same issue that you have. There is an issue with 1.3.5.1 (maybe goes back to 1.3.5) that causes this, although I havent heard in the other threads if there has been an exact reason. This isnt the permanent solution, but exporting your contacts in a vCard and then emailing them to an email address that you access on your native Pre Plus' email app will import your contacts.
    I'm using Google Sync in the mean time. I can walk you through it if you would like.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nextboy88 View Post
    I'm using Google Sync in the mean time. I can walk you through it if you would like.

    Wait, what? Please do. What are you syncing it with? Outlook?
  8. nextboy88's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Wait, what? Please do. What are you syncing it with? Outlook?
    Ha Ha. Google licensed Microsoft Exchange Active Sync to get push mail/contacts/calendar for the iPhone/iPod Touch. The nice thing about it is that is also works with ANY Microsoft EAS device. (i.e. webOS) To get started, get to an account screen to add an account. Enter your Google address and a bogus password. Once it fails, select manual setup. Change the type to Exchange. Server is https:// m. google .com (without the spaces, dumb new posters rules) and no domain name. Change the password and it should work.
  9. nextboy88's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #9  
    The sad thing is the Microsoft EAS, delivers my Gmail to me faster then BlackBerry, Android and Palm (set-up the regular gmail way).
  10. liv2surf's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nextboy88 View Post
    Ha Ha. Google licensed Microsoft Exchange Active Sync to get push mail/contacts/calendar for the iPhone/iPod Touch. The nice thing about it is that is also works with ANY Microsoft EAS device. (i.e. webOS) To get started, get to an account screen to add an account. Enter your Google address and a bogus password. Once it fails, select manual setup. Change the type to Exchange. Server is https:// m. google .com (without the spaces, dumb new posters rules) and no domain name. Change the password and it should work.
    I am still missing 300/1200 contacts on Pre. Exchange method does not work for me. I started a new MS Exchange acct and filled in google e-mail address and bad password. I then manually added the password and the https://m.google.com as you describe. I left domain blank and used my gmail address again as username. When I tried to Sign In to newly configured Exchange account Synergy told me "Duplicate Account An Account using this email address already exists". The other method discussed in a different thread also fails to work for me (Moving contacts into All Contacts did not work either). e-mailing myself VID with missing contacts works. I wish I could figure out why Synergy is choking on some of these.

    Note added: I have solved the problem by modifying bad Contacts see my comment and solution of p3 of thread: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...94#post2181894
    Last edited by liv2surf; 01/27/2010 at 11:44 AM.
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm Vx (RAM upgraded by 3rd pty) > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 2 x Pre (mine and my wife's)
  11. #11  
    Ugh... this is killing me. I can't sync the ones I want and on top of that it's adding my IM contacts which I can get rid of at all.
  12. #12  
    This is really messed up, because I'm having the same issue. (only half of my "my contacts" are syncing. The Exchange work around is not convenient. This should be fixed!
  13. #13  
    Same problem here. Had to replace my Pre and resync my contact with google but contacts are not being sync'd to my Pre! Any other solutions here?
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. mlynch53's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #14  
    Here's a different twist on this problem:

    My GMail account online shows all of the individual addresses I sent from my old Palm Treo via Companionlink. I can see, search, and find all the ones I want.

    But when I synch with my Pre+, I can't find a bunch of them... directly, that is. Many of them appear to be imbedded inside a list of multiple numbers for one or two people.

    "Joe Smith's" phone number, for instance, is included in a long list of phone numbers under "John Jones's" name!

    Anybody have any idea what THAT's happening?

    Thanks fo any help!
  15. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #15  
    I recently had to switch out my Pre for a new one and I could not get all my contacts to sync from Google Contacts. I have over 4,000 contacts (clients, business associates, colleagues etc....). It was driving me nuts. I did some research online and some people were saying that one of the added features in one of the updated ROMs was Google Talk and that it was buggy. I've never added this account but when I went to the IM app, I noticed that my Google contacts account was there. Probably added automatically when I added the Google Contacts account. Anyways....I deleted my gmail account from both the contacts app and the IM app (which takes forever as the contacts are deleted one-by-one in the background). Once my Pre was completely wiped of all Google Contacts, I then re-added my Google Contacts account in the Contacts App which automatically started the sync process. It also added Google Talk to the IM app. I launched the IM app and immediately deleted the Google Talk account in the IM app. After about 2.5 hours, syncing on the home WiFi network, all of my Google Contacts were in my Pre.



    Whatever the problem is, it has something to do with Google Talk interfering with the sync process.



    Hope this helps others!
  16. donjski's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #16  
    I have tried all the ideas on as many forums as I could find and not one of them has helped me. I have Doctored my pre 4 times to no avail.

    Is there a real fix yet?
  17. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by donjski View Post
    I have tried all the ideas on as many forums as I could find and not one of them has helped me. I have Doctored my pre 4 times to no avail.

    Is there a real fix yet?
    What exactly is your Pre doing? Is it sync'ing some but not all contacts from Google Contacts or is it sync'ing none at all?
  18. #18  
    Is it possible that it is thinking some of these are the same person as some other entry in your contact list? If so then it will combine them as one entry and the first one there will be the primary profile. Multiple profiles are identified with a stacked icon in the contact list.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  19. donjski's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    What exactly is your Pre doing? Is it sync'ing some but not all contacts from Google Contacts or is it sync'ing none at all?
    It will not sync any of the contacts. Calender works fine.
  20. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by donjski View Post
    It will not sync any of the contacts. Calender works fine.
    Hmmm....that is weird. Have you tried creating a new Google Account and just entering a few random names and numbers and then try adding that account to see what happens? Also, have you deleted the Google IM messenger account from the Pre?

    If you are not getting any contacts to the phone, might be a problem on either end of the service or maybe there is a problem with one of your contacts (i.e. weird character or something) which is preventing the sync engine from running. That is why you should open a new account and just enter a few simple names and numbers and see whether that account will sync to the Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions