Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Recently i decided that i had to many duplicate contacts so i decided to delete them all and start over. Well as it turns out none of them deleted. What is did was i deleted all my accounts,facebook, gmail. Then i waited and waited and none of my contacts disappeared. And no there are no contacts stored on my palm profile. just wondering if there are any know issues with this or any easy fixes
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me with this. is there away to wipe the contacts with out deleting the apps. ive deleted the accounts, and there are no contacts on my palm profile but the contact list is still full of contacts. when i click on them nothing happens. its kinda driving me nuts.
    I don't think synergy does two way syncing. You have to delete your memberships from their respective origins.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I removed the accounts from my phone. what i want is my contacts to be deleted from the phone. The reason being when i re add the accounts Gmail, Facebook. there are double contacts, the ones that were there before adding the accounts dont work. When u try and open the it bounces u out. What i want to remove is on the phone not the cloud
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    is there anyway to delete the contacts kept on the device. im sure there stored somewhere, or do i need to reset the cache of contacts that the app thinks it has.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    So when you bring up your contact list and click on Preferences & Accounts, then look at the Accounts section, what do you have listed? when you touch each one listed, how many contacts does it have listed? What is your default account?
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I had the facebook account(150) google(340) and palm(0). when i delete facebook and google all the contacts remain. when i re add them there are double the contacts. when i remove them then i have only one of each contact. i dont want to doctor my pre i would like to remove all these contacts that are really there.
    I use google too and have had to remove the account before. Do this, remove both accounts and wait at least 20 minutes. Open the accoutns screen. Do you still see FB and google? If so, wait some more. If not, so you still have all those contacts? If so, they are in the Palm account. Open one of them and tap on the picture. Does that name have two blue arrows next to it? If so, that is the icon for the Palm Account. I am not sure how to remove those, you will need to contact palm for that.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Ive deleted my two accounts, and when i go the the accounts menu there is only the palm account. when i click on it it says 0 contacts. when i click on the contacts thy show me info for about a second then they disappear. They do not show the palm icon, they usually show me the facebook picture.
    Make sure you're removing your Facebook account through the contacts app, not through the photos app or calendar app. Also, make sure you don't have an Outlook account on your Pre.

If that doesn't work, you can just do a partial erase. Device Info > Reset Options > Partial Erase.

This will remove your contacts. Your apps will also be removed but they will be automatically reloaded over-the-air. It will not touch the information on your USB partition.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 01/27/2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I really want to avoid the partal erase, just cause then I'll lose all my homebrew,patches and apps and what not. I don't have an outlook account and I'm deleting it in my contacts app. I'm going to try and delet all my accounts everywere on my phone, email photo I'll coment back and tell you my results.