Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I had to replace my original Pre (bought on 6-6-09) because of a broken power button. I have everything working on my new Pre like it was before EXCEPT the Calendar. I have run into the strangest error, and see nothing else in the threads about it.

Appointment entries on Google and Outlook are all set to the right time. However, on the Pre they all appear 19 hours early. Flixster movies entries appear 19 hours early. Sports Calendar entries, 19 hours early. EVERY appointment appears 19 hours early. If this wasn't strange enough, if I go into the Pre's calendar to change the time for the appointment, the time is perfectly correct. See the 3 images I have attached. The first shows the Day view in the Calendar. It shows that at 3pm on Monday the 25th I have a CSB meeting (19 hours earlier than the meeting is scheduled on Google and Outlook). The second image shows the specific entry view, again showing a 3pm meeting on the 25th. But the third picture shows what happens when I go to change the time on the appointment -- the time is correct (just as it shows in Outlook/Google) -- 10am on Tuesday the 26th.

To solve this problem, I have done the following, but nothing has worked:

1. Deleted my Google Account. Recreated it. Done this twice with reboots in between. No help.

2. Set the Time Zone on the Pre manually. Set is automatically. No help.

3. Checked the time zone in Google (but keep in mind all appointments show up correctly in Google.

I am totally stumped. For now, I have added Mobile Google Calendar to the Launcher and view my calendar this way. I am running WebOS 1.3.5.1, and have lots of patches installed. All the same patches I had on my old Pre. This calendar time problem was present from the moment I signed in to the new Pre, so I don't believe any of the new patches are at fault.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    try going to googe calendars under settings and check your timezone.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I already checked those settings. Moreover, all the appointments show up at the correct time in Google Calendar online. The problem is with the Pre.
    Is it possible that our Pre timezone is off? Just checking...bigger things have been overlooked.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    No, the time zone on the Pre is correct. I set it both manually and automatically. Nothing helps.
    I'm having the same issue but only with Facebook events. They are off by +3 hours. An even that's supposed to be at 1pm is pulled in saying it starts at 4pm.
    I also tried manually setting the timezone on the phone, RSVPing no to events to get them out of my calendar then RSVPing yes to get them back in. But it was still coming in with the wrong time.
    I'm hoping WebOS 1.4 fixes this.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    The Facebook issue is a known one. Everyone who is not on PST, suffers from it. As I understand it, it is a problem with Facebook, not Palm, so 1.4 is unlikely to solve.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    The Facebook issue is a known one. Everyone who is not on PST, suffers from it. As I understand it, it is a problem with Facebook, not Palm, so 1.4 is unlikely to solve.
    Yep, it is.

http://geeklog.lucid.net.au/article....91211084306281
    Hey delao, if it's any consolation, I have the same exact issue. No resolution though. 1.4 didn't fix it either.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I, too, was hoping 1.4 would solve the problem. Looks like I have to doctor the phone and hope that fixes it.
    I doctored my phone a week or two ago and it fixed the problem for a day or two, but then it came right back
    I posted the text below about my pre's behavior in another thread I found about the same problem, I don't think this problem and the FaceBook problem are related, but who knows? i just hope they fix it quickly.

I started noticing this behavior on my phone yesterday. I immediately figured it was a 1.4 issue, but after searching the forum, it seems that this has been happening to people before the update. I've tried network time and time zone on/off, changed time zone cities, nothing has changed with the calendar. I don't use my calendar nearly as much as some, but I rely on it for many things. One thing I did notice is that the "19 hours earlier for events," applies to all of my appointments, not just new ones, and both my google and palm calendars. This is weird and it sucks...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I *think* the problem resides in the /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 file. I say this because yesterday I did a partial erase of the phone. Prior to the erase, I copied the db3 file to my desktop. After the erase, the calendar worked perfectly. I then copied the new db3 file to my desktop and installed the older (pre-erase) db3 file on my post-erase Pre so that I would have all my old text messages. Bingo, the 19 hour error was back. I reinstalled the post-erase db3 file I had backed up on to my desktop back on my post-erase Pre and the 19 hour Calendar problem was gone. I have thus lost all my text messages dating back to the launch of the Pre, but at least the calendar works now. Hope this helps someone.

I'm pretty sure this is unrelated to the Facebook timezone issue.
    Good call delao13! That is one thing that I did do prior to the update! I doctored and saved my db3 file and reloaded it after the doctor. That has got to be it! I'll report back with the outcome after I restore the file...
    Well, doctoring fixed the calendar problem, but a crappy thing happened as a result. When I got my Palm Profile back it was missing some of my calendar entries, memos and contacts. I say some, because most of my stuff came back, but for some reason a few didn't. And there is no rhyme or reason to which ones are missing. For example, my brother's contact is completely missing--which is crazy because I have had that in my phone since the day I got it and it came back through like 4 doctorings. Also only my green memos are missing--which sucks because my green memos were the ones that had important info on them. Anyone have any ideas at all? One thing that makes me feel a little better is that I still have my old db3 file with all the info that i lost on it--but if I put it back on, I would think I will jack my calendar again...What to do? What to do?
    I'm having the same issue. So is there a way to fix/modify the DB3 profile file so I can keep my text messages, etc?
    My calendar reminders weren't working after the time change and I rely on them, so I remember to take my medication. I went in, changed them all by 5 minutes, then changed them back and now they're working fine, again.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!