Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So while messing around this morning I discovered you can enable the mobile google exchange on the Pre. All I did was add a new account and put in the wrong password. After the auto attempt to log in I entered the manual mode where I entered all the info for google exchange for the iphone Setting Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch : Google Sync - Mobile Help

and bam all synced up via exchange. So far its working great syncs mail, calendar, and contacts.

Anyway just thought I would share...
    HOLY CRAP!!! Thank You!!!! I have a google email account from my school and it worked from there too. Very nice and very cool. I had no idea that worked! Thank you very much for the tip kellyfrom702
  3.    #3  
    Hey, no problem. I didn't think it would work and was pleasantly surprised myself when it did.
    does it push?
  5.    #5  
    Yep, it pushes perfectly
    Oh...I wonder if this will correct my contact-syncing issues. I might try this.

Great find!
    Yeah I've been using this since the first day I had my Pre. But the only downside right now is you can only sync 1 calendar.. at least I am unable to add more. On the iPhone you can set it up in Mobile Safari on the Google Mobile website under "Sync" (when logged in), but for the Pre it just doesn't do the same. But that's something to do with Google itself I believe.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    omg beautiful.....push email soooo much quicker now. i can sync my google calander that is set to share my wifes and they are all in my phone...thanks
  9.    #9  
    To fix the multiple calendars issue just apply the iPhone spoof patch set your calendars and then you can take off the patch if you want. I did it it works great!
    hmmm, so with exchange, contacts and calendar gets updated instaneously correct?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Am I missing something here? What's better about this than just syncing with synergy?
    exchange syncs contacts and calendar instantly...google sync takes 15min I believe
  13.    #13  
    I had the contacts not syncing problem which is what caused me to start messing around. With the exchange sync I have no more issues with my contacts. So far email is instant which wasn't what I had before with Synergy....
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    hmm, interesting...mine has always been instant.
    good to know tho
    I am keeping it how it is. The battery life will get killed with that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyfrom702 View Post
    To fix the multiple calendars issue just apply the iPhone spoof patch set your calendars and then you can take off the patch if you want. I did it it works great!
    When I use the iPhone spoof I am able to get access to the Sync settings, however it only allows me to select 1 calendar. On my iPhone I was able to select up to 25 calendars. So unfortunately, that does not help.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    now i have a question, i have my wife and my calender being shared. Since i am only syncing with my calender(that also has my wifes info in it) will it migrate her apts into my phone since its all a part of my 1 google calender? Or will it only show MY apts in my calender? I tried a test and it didnt seem to sync over so thats where im getting confused. thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyfrom702 View Post
    So while messing around this morning I discovered you can enable the mobile google exchange on the Pre. All I did was add a new account and put in the wrong password. After the auto attempt to log in I entered the manual mode where I entered all the info for google exchange for the iphone Setting Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch : Google Sync - Mobile Help

and bam all synced up via exchange. So far its working great syncs mail, calendar, and contacts.

Anyway just thought I would share...
    That is AWESOME!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    this explains why I had such trouble finding information about this 2 weeks ago. It seems no one else knew about it. Not to thread jump, but any ideas on battery life differences b/w imap push and exchange push?
  20.    #20  
    Well this is subjective I'm sure but, my battery life seems to be better with it set up as exchange. I make it home now with half my battery left after 10 or so hours and with synergy I would get home with like 10%. I'm sure results vary but, it's working better for me! I know someone is going to say its just placebo....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast