1.    #1  
    I have not paid a lot of attention, but now that VZW will have the pre plus on Monday, I thought about the sync. I assume you still Hotsync with Outlook similar to the treo and centro does?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    You really have not been paying attention, have you? I would think after 91 posts you sure would have picked up on whats possibly the single deficit WebOS phones have.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    wow I think I made @ least 50 of the complaints about the lack of sync capabilities lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Get a google account. Put on your device.

Buy this http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/ and you're good to go.

Or look at chapura. Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    For something like Hotsync, check out CompanionLink secure USB sync. You don't need to trust the Cloud with your private data. It supports Outlook and all versions of Palm Desktop. 14 day free trial.

Palm webOS sync for Outlook, Lotus Notes, Palm Desktop, and ACT!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    You really have not been paying attention, have you?
    This made me laugh! My first though too!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    You really have not been paying attention, have you? I would think after 91 posts you sure would have picked up on whats possibly the single deficit WebOS phones have.
    I have not been on here in a while, and have not really thought about that aspect of the phone. Hence why I asked the question. I also thought that maybe they fixed the problems the pre had when they made the pre plus?
    Last edited by treogolfer; 01/23/2010 at 12:54 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Or look at chapura. Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura
    thank you for your help
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Clcto View Post
    For something like Hotsync, check out CompanionLink secure USB sync. You don't need to trust the Cloud with your private data. It supports Outlook and all versions of Palm Desktop. 14 day free trial.

Palm webOS sync for Outlook, Lotus Notes, Palm Desktop, and ACT!
    thanks
    not sure why you need to hotsync to outlook. All you need is your email server and domain and pre syncs perfectly.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    not sure why you need to hotsync to outlook. All you need is your email server and domain and pre syncs perfectly.
    do not have an exchange server.
    as others have mentioned in different words, you're taking a step backwords in smartphone functionality. Be prepared for lackluster PIM functionality as well.

And people really need to stop confusing outlook syncing with exchange. Don't know how people don't understand the difference at this point.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    not sure why you need to hotsync to outlook
    I actually completely understand why he would want to. I have been doing it for a couple years now on other Palm phones, and while I absolutely love my Pre, the lack of a native outlook sync is disappointing. I was just surprised he had not seen all the ranting around here about it.

There seems to be 3 solutions in various degrees of completion, PocketMirror, The Missing Sync, and Companion Link.

The Missing Sync has the most comprehensive syncing ADVERTISED but many have said they are better at MAC software than PC. Also their notes and task syncing is not due out for a while, they wrote me saying "their efforts are on other matters" for now.

I will pick between the other 2, and am favoring CL, though some complain about them also.

But even if you do this, you still can't categorize your calendar, in order to have a really cool colored calendar according to work/personal/whatever you have to use additional google calendars or exchange. Like I said, it is the largest deficit WebOS has.

But then again, categories are old school, better yet to have tags.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  14. Ro
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I tried to do this and could not get it. I also emailed Chapora with no success in completing it. Can some one please walk me through the sync. With pocketmirror or companion link.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    as others have mentioned in different words, you're taking a step backwords in smartphone functionality. Be prepared for lackluster PIM functionality as well.

And people really need to stop confusing outlook syncing with exchange. Don't know how people don't understand the difference at this point.
    +1
    I too want to use WebOS to synch to Outlook running on my desktop (no Exchange) BUT I don't really want the Outlook calendar function preferring Garnet. I use my aging Centro as a PDA/phone and need to link my handheld to Outlook so linking WebOS to Outlook does part of what I am looking for. Any ideas? Would running classic on a Pre enable this?

To those who don't understand why anyone woud not want to sync with the cloud, just try traveling internationally and see what your roaming costs are!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post

I agree, but with out an exchange server my options are limited!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If you have exchange or not is not even the issue, the weakest link in this chain is WebOS, the calendar does not allow categories or tags, horrible! In order to have a more organized calendar, color coded to represent different aspects of your life, you have to have different physical calendars. You can look on the Pre and get everything, but you can't go to one calendar to see your entire calendar, you have to go to outlook for one look, exchange for another, and maybe google calendar to get another. This is what is aggravating. I agree that moving to a cloud approach is where we are heading, but to do so with tools that are limited (categories and tags for the most part) is not s step forward either.