1.    #1  
    Ok I was a bit skeptic of the cloud syncing thing (still am). However after having my launch pre brick and a refurb issued I was surprised to see all my memos, tasks, and contacts oh and paid apps restore successfully. That incident had me rethinking my stance on desktop syncing. I think people would be more comfortable with cloud if they can access / modify info. The biggest complaints come from not being able to control the data. Most sensitive info is in memos and contacts. I doubt someone would have sensitive info with a task. If palm could make the palm profile accessible ala facebook that allay a lot of concerns. Also add the ability to put a password on memos. I'm not comfortable with my script idea on the cloud for example. But if I was able to pass protect with only me knowing the code then everything is ok. The biggest issue of sync is pics and music. Palm dropped the ball on this one with the itunes syncing fiasco. Drag/drop should have been stressed from day one.

There are solutions to backup pics ie facebook and flickr. I use evernote for my pics. It's free and I can also post my memos there.
    For the music thing, they should have just partnered with winamp, media monkey, double twist, or someone else, but they tried to force itunes.

I think a web-based client to modify your palm profile would be good as well. But as it is I mostly use google, so that isn't really an issue for me. However, it would be nifty, if you could purchase apps directly through palm on a web-based store, have it add to your palm profile, and then it auto downloads to your phone. No entering passwords or anything. That would be slick I think.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    For the music thing, they should have just partnered with winamp, media monkey, double twist, or someone else, but they tried to force itunes.
    I think mediamonkey is said to support Pre now.

I do agree the iTunes Fiasco is unnecessary and dumb.
  4.    #4  
    the web based client for the palm profile is a good idea. I think they are already creating a web based app catalog. Why not combined the two? I rarely go to the app catalog since there seems to be only updates to old apps and useless games. Sorting / searching is difficult.
    I would love a web based client. I'd be nice to manage my contacts through a keyboard and mouse. Also I think people would be a lot less paranoid that their contacts disappearing (if say they lose their phone) if they could see it on their computer screen.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    MediaMonkey is incredible unpleasant to use. Great set of features but they've paid absolutely no attention to usability. That's why I only use it to tag my music and listen to my music/sync it using WMP instead.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    how can we go about petitionin this!? Because this should be accessible through palm.com easy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    how can we go about petitionin this!? Because this should be accessible through palm.com easy!
    Should be easy enough to code as all the WebOS are glorified webpages any way.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!