Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everyone has heard this a million times but our Facebook apps suck. Not to harp on the iphone vs pre topic but the iphone facebook app blows ours out of the water! I know we have choices of the full site, mobile site, touch site, friendsflow, friendsbook and the Facebook app but all suck compaired to the iphone Facebook app! We will ever have the app like the iphone that allows chat and a nice layout?
    For the record, it took 2 years, and 3 versions, for the Facebook App on the iPhone to not suck. The first version wasn't all that much better than version 1 of the FB app on the Pre. Give it time.
  3.    #3  
    This is true, I'll try to be patient.. I'm just ****ed off becuase my ex stole my laptop so I have to use the Pre for all my internet activities until I buy another computer.
    We will definitely get a proper Facebook app, but the WebOS developers are currently spending all their time and resources on the big stuff like video editing and flash etc. I know it sucks to have to wait, but at least there's something to look forward to. In the meantime I'd recommend using x.facebook.com in the browser.
    or lite.facebook.com I have chated with it.
    Another satisfied lite.facebook.com user here.
    in the current app, if you are on a profile, you can click "View in Full Site" or whatever and it takes you to the full page..i thnk its easy to navigate the full site on our browser. Plus you get chat and all your non-flash applications like mafia wars.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1mtz View Post
    This is true, I'll try to be patient.. I'm just ****ed off becuase my ex stole my laptop so I have to use the Pre for all my internet activities until I buy another computer.
    dang. Times like this that you wish that the PRE had video-out port to use with a 10inch LCD, then bluetooth keyboard and mouse.... yeah, that would be sweet.
    I think Friendsflow is pretty good, definatelly not on par with the iphone app but its better then anything else for the pre.
    how about http://x.facebook.com ?

Im not expert, somebody tell how good/bad it is.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    We will definitely get a proper Facebook app, but the WebOS developers are currently spending all their time and resources on the big stuff like video editing and flash etc. I know it sucks to have to wait, but at least there's something to look forward to. In the meantime I'd recommend using x.facebook.com in the browser.
    What's the difference in x.facebook.com and m. facebook.com? I have never seen the x
    Quote Originally Posted by shellzda1 View Post
    What's the difference in x.facebook.com and m. facebook.com? I have never seen the x
    x seems more advanced and uses more modern web technology, and more functions.
    I really like lite.facebook.com.. just enough of the "real" facebook in the browser with less scrolling and quirkyness. Being able to open chat in a new card is nice.. still a tiny bit unwieldy but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    x seems more advanced and uses more modern web technology, and more functions.
    I was loving x.facebook.com until they changed to that STUPID news feed. Now I don't get the latest posts when I go there. Mostly crap from days ago that does me no good. Very very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I was loving x.facebook.com until they changed to that STUPID news feed. Now I don't get the latest posts when I go there. Mostly crap from days ago that does me no good. Very very frustrating.

I think that is my biggest frustration also. I don't care that some found 5 cows on farmville,lol
    exactly, I get a laugh tho when I see someone who preaches about what is wrong with this country all the time, he has a thousand feed updates from Farmville. Farmville is whats wrong with this country
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson02 View Post
    exactly, I get a laugh tho when I see someone who preaches about what is wrong with this country all the time, he has a thousand feed updates from Farmville. Farmville is whats wrong with this country
    It's funny. I read somewhere that over 100,000,000 people are currently playing that abomination of a game. Blah.
    hmmm, I hadn't tried lite.facebook.com in the WebOS browser. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip.
    friendsflow seems the best. Only thing you can't do is upload pics and send messages. But notifications work the best on there. The palm app is good for uploading pics in the status. And I just use lite for messages. Lite and touch are too inconsistent for anything else...but am waiting for more integration into palm from the official app.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I understand on being patience but its been 2 months from the release and not one update smh.. May be we'll see something with the big 1.4 update.. Fingers X'd
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast