Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    just started up college and im using gmail for my calendar and appointments and classes or whatever. i am using tasks for quiz dates. homework dates etc.... however, this does not display on my gmail on the web. the calendar is syncing automatically whether i make the changes on my phone or the actual pc. so that is good. so is there a way to sync hte tasks both way?
    Are you referring to 1) google tasks integration on the pre or 2) on gmail web client only.

1) Google tasks currently does not have a public API that can be utilized by WebOS. What this means for the user (in this case you) is that google tasks do not sync with a WebOS device (ie Palm Pre, Pixi).
    2) On Gmail you should be able to add and view tasks directly from the website. Are you having trouble accessing your google tasks on the site?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i am able to add tasks on the website from my pc. however the pc tasks do not sync with the pre and vice versa. so it makes it useless to put tasks in when it does not sync. So basically all my tasks are only on the phone. i was hoping i could add tasks on the phone and it would be synced on my gmail on pc and vice versa.
    I don't have a Pre yet, but I was curious as to how this works as well.

So do the tasks show up as appointments on the Pre? Or just not show up at all?

Do Outlook tasks sync with the Pre? What happens if you set your Outlook to sync with your Google Calendar, then allow syncing between that and the Pre? How does that work?
    I struggled with integration of tasks, and finally found an approach that works for me. I use "Note to Self" to send me emails of task items, and I have Google set up to automagically route these tasks to a "Task" folder.

In that way, I can stay organized using just email and my calendar, rather than keeping track of a separate task app. YMMV.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by brett701 View Post
    i am able to add tasks on the website from my pc. however the pc tasks do not sync with the pre and vice versa. so it makes it useless to put tasks in when it does not sync. So basically all my tasks are only on the phone. i was hoping i could add tasks on the phone and it would be synced on my gmail on pc and vice versa.
    Again, "No". Google has not release an API for Tasks. No one's tasks, webOS included, are sync-able with Google for the time being, IIRC. It's not just webOS. You can access Google Tasks from your Pre's browser just fine, however.
    Yes, I have a shortcut for Google Tasks on my main screen, and also use the "Agenda" homebrew app to bring up my calendar in a list view.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    There is also googy os in preware. Not exactly a link, but gives access to most of the google productivity stuff. I have not used it for tasks, but occasionally use it to check the calendar and reader. You may want to check that out and see if it meets your needs.