Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I currently have a Pre and plan on moving to Verizon. I would like to use my palm profile on the new phone. I would also like to let others in the house use my disconnected Sprint phone for music, YouTube, Remote, and all the other stuff.

1) How do I "get" my current profile onto a new phone?

2) What will happen to the old phone?

3) Specifically, what will happen to my applications?

4) Will there be a way to re-purchase applications for the old phone?
    I'm not an expert but I think the following is quite likely:

1) Just log in on the new phone - it transfer all your details and paid apps.

2) You could create a new Palm Profile for your old phone - you would be able to use all of the core and free applications but not the paid apps as they're linked to your other profile (you could repurchase them under your new Palm Profile).

3) Your (paid) applications will be bound to your Palm Profile, so you will be able to use your paid apps on your new phone with no problem.

4) Probably - using your new palm profile you will be able to repurchase apps.

Hope this helps
    I was reading somewhere in here that before you switch phones, you must put the original Pre in airplane mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I was reading somewhere in here that before you switch phones, you must put the original Pre in airplane mode.
    Depends if you're on GSM or CDMA. The network wouldn't work once you'd removed the SIM card anyway so there's no risk here. I've never used CDMA so I can't comment on that - sounds like a sensible precaution though.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I'm not an expert but I think the following is quite likely:

1) Just log in on the new phone - it transfer all your details and paid apps.

2) You could create a new Palm Profile for your old phone - you would be able to use all of the core and free applications but not the paid apps as they're linked to your other profile (you could repurchase them under your new Palm Profile).

3) Your (paid) applications will be bound to your Palm Profile, so you will be able to use your paid apps on your new phone with no problem.

4) Probably - using your new palm profile you will be able to repurchase apps.

Hope this helps
    I would like to transfer my profile from the old phone. I'm guessing that that would allow me to move the old purchased applications over to the new phone. But, what would happen with the apps on the old phone? It seems that somehow they would need to be disabled. Otherwise, I would have two copies of the applications. Something seems funny about that.

Regardless of what happens to the old phone will I be able to purchase new applications for the old phone when it is no longer a Sprint contract?
    Last edited by miata; 01/22/2010 at 12:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    So, has anybody every switched phones and kept the old phone?

What happens with the old phone once you attach your old profile to the new phone?