Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Ever since 1.3.X one of my Gmail accounts has failed to autosync. I have tried setting it to sync every 5 minutes, and to sync "as items arrive" but the only time it ever actually syncs is when I open my "all inboxes" folder in the mail application. I know it's not a permission issue because it manually syncs fine.

    For example: Gmail confirms that my last IMAP activity was three hours ago even though I have my Pre set to sync every five minutes. As soon as I opened up my All inboxes folder, I received new emails and my last IMAP activity according to Gmail was 0 minutes ago.

    I have doctored several times since 1.3.0/1 was released and the problem has persisted.
  2.    #2  
    I just noticed that occasionally when I open the all inboxes folder even then the account in question won't sync. I will have to open the specific inbox for the account that isn't working and click on the refresh icon to force it to sync.

    Also: bump.
  3. #3  
    I also have this exact same problem, and so does my wife on her phone. It's a real pain...I'll post if I find a fix.
  4. #4  
    ****
  5. #5  
    *****
  6. #6  
    I was just about to start a thread about this same issue. This is a big problem for me...everytime I look at my phone it doesn't show my new messages. If I open the inbox then it starts refreshing and synching my inbox.

    this is only happening with my Gmail and Yahoo accounts. My exchange account works fine.

    I hope somone has a solution for this.
  7. #7  
    Topic being discused here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...vdo-gmail.html

    I talked to Palm tech support and they said they were gna call me back when they had a fix over a week ago so I am assuming no dice yet. I just gave up and web doc my phone. Push email works great now.

    Chris
  8. #8  
    I had the same problem. I doctored my phone and started adding things one at a time and checking my phone to see if the problem would come back. I found that when I added the web browser ad-blocker (2nd thing I added) in the webOS quick install, tweaks, and did a luna restart I had That obnoxious triangle again when I set my email to get mail as it arrives on wifi. I went back into qi and unchecked the ad-blocker and did a luna restart...now my phone gets the email as items arrive with no delay on wifi or EVDO. Worked for me, maybe it can work for you.

    Good luck!!!!!
  9.    #9  
    It's time for another bump. I'm really tired of this!

    I'm going to say again that I have never gotten a yellow triangle. My email in fact syncs perfectly. The only problem is that I have it set to sync every 5 minutes, but it will only sync when I open my inbox folder on my Pre. I have even had this problem on a freshly doctored phone. No patches, and nothing but the stock applications. I just want a fix for this! I'm considering grabing a doctor to go back to webOS 1.2.1 to see if that fixes the problem.
  10. #10  
    Bump again
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  11. polaraman's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #11  
    I'm having the same issue as well.

Posting Permissions