1.    #1  
    i have a pre and my wife a pixi = both with our own google accounts. last nite she showed me four contacts of mine on her phone. i had no idea how they got there so i deleted them from her phone. later on i synced my google with outlook, using gsyncit and i got pop ups confirming deletion of the 4 contacts i deleted from HER phone! they were being deleted from my google account!

how can this be - again we have entirely separate gmail accounts - we do share calendar, could this be were the issue lies?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    My wife and I do the same thing. You need to ensure that you have stored the data in the correct gmail contacts, that each phone only has the correct gmail contacts account and that both phones only have the correct gmail calendar accounts. It could take a bit of time but stepping through this is critical to keeping the data separate.

We do this so that my wife does not have to sort through all of my work business contacts.

Good luck
  3.    #3  
    thanks - i had my gmail account first - with only my data. when she recently got the pixi she added a gmail account - her own ID and uploaded her own contacts. we each have our own google calendar (via our unique log in) which both calendars are shared. however, as i stated 4 of my contacts appeared on her pixi and the rest is as above. i denied deleting them from my account and at least as of now they have not reappeared on her pixi.
    we'll see- very strange!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Understood. I recommend checking the Contacts app on both phones to verify which accounts are available to the contacts app. You may discover some double dipping. Or maybe something in the upload to google. Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    thanks - i just checked preferences under CONTACTS and i have both my gmail account AND my wifes under ACCOUNTS - default is only mine. should i delete hers?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I would unless you need access to her contacts, I'm willing to be the same for hers.

Part of the google synergy, add a gmail account and get all the others attached for free. When you add one you get mail, contacts, calendar, talk, and who knows what else

Glad I could help
  7.    #7  
    thanks so much for your help - so if i delete her from contacts accounts it won't affect the calendar, correct?