1.    #1  
    Ok, so I have google apps setup for my domain and use it as my main email account. Its setup on my pre and everything works great.

I also have a gmail account that I use for google voice, google wave, and such because of a limitation or restriction from google that you cant use a google apps account for a google account. In other words, I cant use my google apps domain account tied in with google voice.

What this means is I have 2 sets of contacts I have to manually keep in sync which is a pain. So I'm brainstorming here.... I could have my google apps domain mail forwarded to my gmail. Within gmail I have it setup so from the browser I can send and reply to mail from my google apps domain address and seems to work well.

So from a pc I can essentially just use my gmail account and everything will be transparent to people who send to my google apps domain as well as my replies will be as if they came from there. Good good.

This will allow me to just keep up only one set of contacts and hopefully make things a bit easier.

So on the pre is where I think I'll run into an issue. If I setup just my gmail account on the pre, how will I be able to send and reply to mail as my google apps domain? I suppose I could setup both gmail and google apps accounts on the pre so I'd have the option to send as the google apps domain but then my sent mail will be split between the accounts and I'm looking to have everything in one place.

Anyway, I know that was all long-winded but any ideas?

EDIT: One workaround I suppose is to just adjust the reply-to address in the pre settings but would really like the mail to be from my google apps domain.
    Last edited by gabbott; 01/17/2010 at 10:49 AM.
    I guess I really dont understand the issue. I have a google apps domain and a gmail account. For all my email I just use my google apps account. I have the gmail account setup to automatically forward my google voice emails to my google apps account. I dont even log into the gmail account on the Pre nor do I have any contacts in my gmail account. No need for them.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I guess I really dont understand the issue. I have a google apps domain and a gmail account. For all my email I just use my google apps account. I have the gmail account setup to automatically forward my google voice emails to my google apps account. I dont even log into the gmail account on the Pre nor do I have any contacts in my gmail account. No need for them.
    Correct, thats what I currently do, but... the problem is by not having up to date contact info on my gmail account it makes using the advanced google voice calling features using groups and voicemail limited.

Essentially, if there was a way to automatically sync my google apps and gmail contacts I wouldnt even need to worry about this. But they don't make that easy and if I was just to export and import contacts from google apps to gmail now and then, it messes up the groups setup for google voice.
  4.    #4  
    Hmm, so I think I've found a solution that seems to work for me as far as automatically syncing my google apps contacts and gmail contacts, soocial:

Soocial:Hassle-free contacts

Just setup an account and seems to do what it says. Anyone have any feedback on them?