Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any success installing the "Send Contacts Via Email" patch? I keep getting the IPKG error. Only patch I've had trouble with. Any known patches that may be in conflict?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    It was broke for 1.3.5.1 but it is supposed to be fixed per Patch Contacts Send All via Email - WebOS Internals
    not working for me either on 1.3.5.1
    can't wait for the working version
    does not work for me
  6.    #6  
    I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling preware and package manager service and still no luck....
    no work for me either...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    no work for me either...
    +1
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I updated the patch file until it is posted in preware.. All credit goes to the original creator...

Installed no problems - emailed my contacts downloaded and then imported into a Gmail account.

Let me know if it doesn't work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    How long should it take to get through the "Preparing contacts to be sent" screen? I have about 200 contacts and it's been running for over an hour now....
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fusoya View Post
    How long should it take to get through the "Preparing contacts to be sent" screen? I have about 200 contacts and it's been running for over an hour now....
    Good god mine took maybe a minute to load up about 115...

cancel and try restarting the phone and give it another whirl.

What version of webos do you have ?
    Last edited by helidos; 01/15/2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Just tested it again it took about 30 seconds to prep the contacts and load the email app up.

Now some of my contacts don't contain a ton of data such as addresses etc so not sure if that effects the time needed but an hour is way to long.
    I unlinked my Facebook account and tried it again, and this time it took 30 seconds. I believe my facebook contacts are corrupted, since the avatars aren't showing up (this is one of the corrupted things with my phone which is why I need to reset it).
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fusoya View Post
    I unlinked my Facebook account and tried it again, and this time it took 30 seconds. I believe my facebook contacts are corrupted, since the avatars aren't showing up (this is one of the corrupted things with my phone which is why I need to reset it).
    Cool glad you got it working...
    Works great! Now hoping for a send calendar via email patch...new thread idea
    Where would you send the calendar to? I sync with exchange and google so I don't see how that would be productive, now to send a single event via email or better yet to be able to send meeting invitations that would be nice.
    When will this be fixed so we can install via preware? I still get the error.

Also, with this export to email. How about a patch to import this very same csv file to restore our contacts?
    Cant you say the same thing about your quote except chage the word to email?

You wrote: Where would you send the calendar (EMAIL) to? I sync with exchange and google so I don't see how that would be productive, now to send a single event via email or better yet to be able to send meeting invitations that would be nice.

I also do that but I would like to have an extra back up of everything. Also, I would like to email my calendar to Yahoo to have another back up. I am having an issue syincing yahoo w/ caledars. This would be an easy fix.

You have done great things for the pre and I appreciate everything!!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    When will this be fixed so we can install via preware? I still get the error.

Also, with this export to email. How about a patch to import this very same csv file to restore our contacts?
    I uploaded it the feeds not sure how long it takes.. I did not originally create the patch just fixed it to work with 1.3.5.1.

But after exporting and uploading them to gmail / exchange you have full control over them so you not longer have to rely on palms backup
    its working for me, but its only sending my first contact ( just one )
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast