Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Same here. It works, but is only sending the first contact.
    sameee with only one contact
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Well I just downloaded the updated version from preware and it in fact only exported the first contact.

Download the one from this thread and it will export them all.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    How do you download and install without the use of Preware?
    neither the one in preware nor one posted on first page are working for me

they both only send first contact..
    Quote Originally Posted by ptheisen View Post
    How do you download and install without the use of Preware?
    download the patch to your computer, open webos quickinstall, click on the plus sign and locate the file then click install.
    Hi, I'm the original author of the patch which is available via preware. It has been updated and now works with WebOS 1.3.5.1. It does only export 1 file, but this file contains all of your contacts. Depending on what program you are trying to open the .vcf file with (Outlook for example) it may only show the first contact.

I recommend getting a vCard splitter program in this situation to break the single large .vcf file into each individual vCard. A quick google search turns up this perl script, this windows utility and this mac utility.

Edit: Good news! It looks like in 1.3.5, the service that is called when you choose "Save All via Email" exports ALL contacts, including information such as IM addresses, rather than just Palm Profile contacts

--Brandon
    Last edited by bsiegel; 01/17/2010 at 10:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Brandon, Thank you for the explanation. I found a splitter and sure enough, all the contacts are there.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Is there a free solution for windows that will allow me to split the vcard?? Every program that I come across is around $25.
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl0124 View Post
    Is there a free solution for windows that will allow me to split the vcard?? Every program that I come across is around $25.
    The one I listed, vCardOrganizer, can split vCards fine without buying a license. The license is only needed if you want to use it to edit vCards.

--Brandon
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    It also appears that you can import this one vcard file directly into your Gmail contacts and it will split them out. So another way to do this might be to obtain a secondary gmail account for such things (testing, etc.), import them, and then export them to a format that's more to your requirements...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I am having trouble installing this patch. I have tried Preware as well as WOSQI. Error Log is attached. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Having a hangup too on install from Preware. Were you able to fix it?

Here is my log: Preware IPKG Log

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    43 5680 43 2453 0 0 1348 0 0:00:04 0:00:01 0:00:03 1995
    101 5680 101 5680 0 0 2762 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 3877
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0
    67 5680 67 3791 0 0 849 0 0:00:06 0:00:04 0:00:02 7582
    101 5680 101 5680 0 0 1222 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 8328
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    101 5680 101 5680 0 0 1730 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 8593
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Can either of you retrieve (using WOSQI, for example) the following files and send them to me (brandon@smartercode.net):

• /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    • /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs

I suspect another patch conflicts with this one.

--Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by bsiegel View Post
    Can either of you retrieve (using WOSQI, for example) the following files and send them to me (brandon@smartercode.net):

• /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    • /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs

I suspect another patch conflicts with this one.

--Brandon
    Brandon - sent the .jsjsjs $file$. $WOSQI$ $would$ $not$ $pull$ $the$ .$rej$ $file$.
    Stall - If you NEED to get a vCard of your contacts you can always do this (it's what I am currently doing)

1. In the phone app, dial " ##66623# " (Sprint) or " #*66623# " (ATT).
    2. This will launch CelleBrite Export
    3. Run the export function and it will create a vCard in the .temp folder of all your contacts. It does not export contact pictures however.

Note: If you rcv and error msg, check the .temp folder. The vCard file is probably there.

-Nate
    It looks like the patch "Create Birthday Events" conflicts with this patch - they both modify the same file. You will need to choose one or the other. I can provide a patch file that incorporates both patches together, but if you want to use it you will have to install it manually using WOSQI - I won't be submitting it to be included in the patches feed for WOSQI / Preware.

--Brandon
    Unified patch for "Create Birthday Events" & "Send All Contacts via Email" is attached to this post. Enjoy

--Brandon
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by bsiegel View Post
    Unified patch for "Create Birthday Events" & "Send All Contacts via Email" is attached to this post. Enjoy

--Brandon
    Brandon - Again, thanks for what you do!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    do i need to have a certain type of program to make this work?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast