Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Somewhere along the line of the last update, installing a driver on my Windows 7 PC to get MyTether to finally work via usb Media Monkey no longer sees my Pre.

    I connect via Media Sync mode and it never comes up... I try USB and i can see the file stucture. The files are setup how they are on an Ipod (F1, F2, type folder with 1-2 songs in each) but it never behaves like it did when it was working.

    How can I fix this?

    P.S.
    I my Pre is not in dev mode
    Last edited by gianthobbit; 01/14/2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: edit
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Somewhere along the line of the last update, installing a driver on my Windows 7 PC to get MyTether to finally work via usb Media Monkey no longer sees my Pre.

    I connect via Media Sync mode and it never comes up... I try USB and i can see the file stucture. The files are setup how they are on an Ipod (F1, F2, type folder with 1-2 songs in each) but it never behaves like it did when it was working.

    How can I fix this?

    P.S.
    I my Pre is not in dev mode
    See if this thread helps you:

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, even though I waited longer than "after church", I finally found a solution to my problem.

    You have to go to the MediaMonkey.ini file, and add the following line:

    [WMDM]
    COMApartmentThreading=1

    Adding this fixed it for me. MediaMonkey.ini is in different places in your user directory, depending on which version of Windows you are using. The solution is here:

    MediaMonkey • View topic - Synching with Palm Pre

    Even though it relates specifically to another device, the answer works for the Pre.

    I am now syncing fine using USB Mode, sycing to the device labled Palm Pre in Media Monkey.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    See if this thread helps you:
    Hmm i edited the .ini and still no dice. MM does not see it while in Media Sync mode (like it used to). When I do USB mode it just lists the directories like it did before. All messy and all over the place like an iPod.

    I really think that since this is not a main stream issue it is related for the drive thing I had to do to get my tether to work.

    here is that thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ze-driver.html

    These are the directions I followed to get that to work:

    The WebOSInternals site didn't have the driver for mythether for Windows 7 the last time I checked.....Just follow the instructions on the MyTether homepage, and you should be all set.....After you go to RNDIS Ethernet Gadget, properties, driver, update driver, rather than telling it to look on WebOSInternals, site:

    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.
  4. #4  
    after the last update i can't sync any songs to the pre. i connect the phone to the computer and it does not even show a connection. can any one help!!!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by phone queen View Post
    after the last update i can't sync any songs to the pre. i connect the phone to the computer and it does not even show a connection. can any one help!!!
    Have you tried rebooting your computer?
  6. #6  
    yes tried it and still winamp dont recognize the pre.....
  7.    #7  
    bump, anyone else? My pre is my main music device as well
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by phone queen View Post
    after the last update i can't sync any songs to the pre. i connect the phone to the computer and it does not even show a connection. can any one help!!!
    Can we get anyone else to try and media sync with Media Monkey (or other players) to see if this is a universal issue we have since the latest update? Would do much to know if it is this or just a local driver issue...
  9. #9  
    works fine here.
  10.    #10  
    hmm I have no idea then, anyone smarter than me think it's the driver?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Can we get anyone else to try and media sync with Media Monkey (or other players) to see if this is a universal issue we have since the latest update? Would do much to know if it is this or just a local driver issue...
    I just loaded up MM and added to my Pre play list, told it to sync, and it worked fine.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Hmm i edited the .ini and still no dice. MM does not see it while in Media Sync mode (like it used to). When I do USB mode it just lists the directories like it did before. All messy and all over the place like an iPod.

    I really think that since this is not a main stream issue it is related for the drive thing I had to do to get my tether to work.

    here is that thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ze-driver.html

    These are the directions I followed to get that to work:

    The WebOSInternals site didn't have the driver for mythether for Windows 7 the last time I checked.....Just follow the instructions on the MyTether homepage, and you should be all set.....After you go to RNDIS Ethernet Gadget, properties, driver, update driver, rather than telling it to look on WebOSInternals, site:

    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.
    Actually, that thread was to fix MM not recognizing the Pre in USB mode. That's the mode I use. I don't care for the weird file structure that Media Mode uses.
    I use MyTether as well, but did not install the driver the way you mentioned. I did not use "Microsoft Corportation", but instead used the driver in the usbnet-pre.inf driver on my 64-bit Windows 7, it worked fine.

    Out of curiosity, did you take off the WiFi patch after you were through using it as a tether? I always take that back off when I'm done because of the way it intereferes with programs. That might be your problem.
    Last edited by hparsons; 01/18/2010 at 09:54 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, that thread was to fix MM not recognizing the Pre in USB mode. That's the mode I use. I don't care for the weird file structure that Media Mode uses.
    I use MyTether as well, but did not install the driver the way you mentioned. I did not use "Microsoft Corportation", but instead used the driver in the usbnet-pre.inf driver on my 64-bit Windows 7, it worked fine.

    Out of curiosity, did you take off the WiFi patch after you were through using it as a tether? I always take that back off when I'm done because of the way it intereferes with programs. That might be your problem.
    So do you just throw all the file into the root of the device? Does the pre organize the files then, or it a complete mess? I have to get some updated music on my pre so want to give this a try tonight.

    Wonder why before it worked fine in media sync mode, found it just like an ipod and I could manage my music right form the MM interface. I guess I might as just well use drag and drop type files now if its not going to help organize any.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    So do you just throw all the file into the root of the device? Does the pre organize the files then, or it a complete mess? I have to get some updated music on my pre so want to give this a try tonight.
    You can change settings so you can control where, and how, the files are saved. See the attached screenshots.

    The first is my device settings for my Pre in Media Monkey. The second is the way the file structure looks on my Pre. Nice and neat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15.    #15  
    Ha i got it figured out. Determined not to have to use file structure to organize my music I foudn what was wrong.

    I went into device manager, and one of the USB things was giving an error (while I had my pre connect via media sync). I updated driver, let windows 7 find it automatically and its working.

    Wayyyyy better way of syncing music btw, thanks for the help though.

Posting Permissions