Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue as a lot of you. USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned or USB device not recognized. I've tried everything w/o luck. Now I'm thinking of returning the phone for a new one. I'm using Windows 7. I also get the same error w/ xp. Any ideas?

thanks in advance!

-Scott
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Also the other issue my phone has is if I return the phone how do I remove all the patches if I cannot connect to WOSQI? Tried a Full Erase....but some of the patches are still there. Not sure if Best Buy will give me any issue if my phone has patches on it.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I'll throw one out even though I don't think this is it.

Are you using a laptop to connect your Pre? My work laptop will not recognize my Pre from some of the USB connections. My work laptop runs XP and does not have the drivers installed but some ports report "error" whereas some report "unable to install driver" - which is normal.

Just an idea. I don't have any problems with any ports on my desktop at home running Win 7 x64.

Have you tried a different computer.

I hope any of this helps.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I'll throw one out even though I don't think this is it.

Are you using a laptop to connect your Pre? My work laptop will not recognize my Pre from some of the USB connections. My work laptop runs XP and does not have the drivers installed but some ports report "error" whereas some report "unable to install driver" - which is normal.

Just an idea. I don't have any problems with any ports on my desktop at home running Win 7 x64.

Have you tried a different computer.

I hope any of this helps.

I've tried both my home pc's (7 & XP) as well as work laptop & PC (both xp). Same issue w/ all. Thanks though