Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprepharmd View Post
    Finally got mine fixed too. I tried the network time zone off trick as this was no several message boards. I had to turn off BOTH network time zone and the network time. (I also had Cayman Island showing up for mine). Everything worked fine but only after a restart of the device. I then turned the network time and timezone back on and it quit working again!!! I'm currently just leaving both the network time and timezone to off and still working fine. Of note, old appointments would not sync until I went in and edited them (I changed the reminders to off as they were all in the past).
    Thanks for this fix. It worked for me, with the following clarification: I had to delete and re-enter all appointments that had been entered on the Pre since the 1.35 and 1.3.5.1 updates. So be aware that realistically this is a fix going forward where syncing should work as long as the network time and time zone are off, but you will still have to manually search for future appointments that have been created on the Pre since the 1.3.5 update that may not have ever synced to Outlook/Exchange. Needless to say this is not necessarily easily done for some power business users.

Although I love much about my Pre, I must admit that when it comes to use as a business phone, I long for the days of using my Treo and Goodlink with Outlook and Exchange.
    I have had this issue since 1.3.1, and 1.3.5.1 did not fix it (it was only to fix the post Jan 1, 2010 no-show issue). Although the timezone fix seems to work, it is a bandaid and not a true fix. For those of us who travel and use Exchange continuously, having to constantly reset your timezone (have you seriously looked at the list?) is an unacceptable pain in the lower posterior. And since we use shared calendars, I've had a number of events that someone else setup on their phone that never showed up on mine.

The sad thing is, over in the Palm support forum for ActiveSync, this issue is listed as "Solved" by Palm, citing the timezone work-around. Seriously?

If Palm intends to market this phone/OS as a business-worthy smartphone, they need to stop breaking basic syncing functionality that their competitors seem to have mastered in one form or another. Most of the people in my office have iPhones, and they are just scooting along happy-go-lucky. It's depressing.
    FWIW, I had exactly the same experience. After I fixed the time settings and went in and out of airplane mode (no reset or account deletion necessary) I found all the events I entered on the pre and altered them slightly. They all sync'd after that.

Many thanks to the board for the fix, it was driving me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordoncarlsen View Post
    hey everyone. I finally got the calendar to syc by changing the time zone to new york united states. If I left it on automatic time zone it would select caman islands and it would never sync. Now that I have it set to new york city everything works like it did before 1.3.5
    Hi jordoncarlsen. same thing happened to me! also had the experience ravsteve had with 'waiting on network...' message. I, too, had to leave the network time zone to OFF and set to NY so the sync from my Pre to my exchange outlook would work. Hope PALM fixes this! My time zone also defaults to Caymen Islands and I couldn't get it to stay at NY if i turned my network time zone to ON. So for now, I've left it OFF and i'm syncing! Does anyone know if this has this been reported to PALM?
    Quote Originally Posted by rboyd11310 View Post
    I have had this issue since 1.3.1, and 1.3.5.1 did not fix it (it was only to fix the post Jan 1, 2010 no-show issue). Although the timezone fix seems to work, it is a bandaid and not a true fix. For those of us who travel and use Exchange continuously, having to constantly reset your timezone (have you seriously looked at the list?) is an unacceptable pain in the lower posterior. And since we use shared calendars, I've had a number of events that someone else setup on their phone that never showed up on mine.

The sad thing is, over in the Palm support forum for ActiveSync, this issue is listed as "Solved" by Palm, citing the timezone work-around. Seriously?

If Palm intends to market this phone/OS as a business-worthy smartphone, they need to stop breaking basic syncing functionality that their competitors seem to have mastered in one form or another. Most of the people in my office have iPhones, and they are just scooting along happy-go-lucky. It's depressing.
    Solved? You've got to be kidding! Someone needs to sync Palm to this on going issue!
    this ticks me off. I ditched my Pre after 2 weeks when I realized it wasn't much of a "smartphone" compared to old PalmOS. Migrated most in the company to Android. Many have been happy, but a couple want something different, and Exchange support is key. They were happy to be getting "Palm" back when I mentioned the Pixi, but after reading though here again, it sounds like webOS still isn't much of a smartphone OS. Shouldn't Exchange support be considered basic PIM functionality and something that should be solved by now? Granted Android didn't have native support until 2.0, but Moxier and Touchdown are great programs for it. Would think these kinds of issues would be solved by now in a Palm branded smartphone. I might have to recommend a BB after all.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I am getting a pre plus tomorrow and dumping the BB storm. Is the exchange issue fixed?

I had to turn off both time and zone and manually enter NY (est) as I am in Detroit. All seems to work now. Thanks all!

I've been frustrated with this same problem for several weeks. To recap, everything works with one exception: new events created on the Pre don't get synced to Exchange. Weeks ago I tried disabling network time zone and manually setting the time zone. Since I and my Exchange server are just a few miles west of Detroit, I manually changed the time zone from Cayman Islands (the default) to Detroit. That didn't fix it. Problem persisted. I left it like this for a few weeks, hoping Palm would release a fix.

Today, I did as skinnytoo suggested, and changed my timezone from Detroit to NY (both are EST). That fixed it! Bizarre.

In summary, here are the settings that worked for me.
    Network time: ON
    Network time zone: OFF
    New York, United States of America (EST)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Hmmm....yep you are correct. Events created on the pre never make it to the exchange server. Events created on the pc, do get to the palm and can be edited on the pre. These edits do get back to the server so it appears that this is isolated to new events created on the palm.

I am on hold with palm as I type this waiting for them to check to see if this has been reported.

Update: It's fixed!!! Palm Pre date and time app/turn off network time and network time zone. This showed that I was in canada (CST). I am in US (CST). Left these off, closed date time app, new calendar entry worked. Back to date time app, put in correct US (CST) city, turn on network time and network time zone, everything working as it should. New events on pre get to exchange and exchange events back to pre as they should. Looks like my phone defaulted to a canadian time zone and that threw everything off.
    Mine reverted back to a canada time zone again! I am leaving network time and network timezone off now. Using Jason's "Preset Rreset" app to automatically set the time daily. Hope this keeps my calendar from reverting back again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12