Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I'm talking about a free sync solution outside the cloud. I like the setup that pocket mirror uses, but $40? Kinda sucks when I thought this would be a feature included of the smart phone's setup.

I want to be able to sync directly with my home's outlook.

Should I continue to hold out? Any Dev's out there working on any cheap solutions?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    There are free solutions to sync with your home computer running Outlook.

The best way is to get a free Hosted Exchange account. Then your Pre syncs over the air to the Hosted Exchange account using Exchange Active Sync which is built into WebOS. Your home PC syncs as well to the Hosted Exchange account over the internet.

The best thing to do is bite the bullet and import all your data into Google. Its a much more elegant solution. Once you start using cloud based PIM you will never want to open Outlook again. Its the future, so either move forward or get left behind.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I have an exchange server at work, but don't want the works stuff to conflict with my personal data, is it possible?

Or can i setup an exchange server at home?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    I have an exchange server at work, but don't want the works stuff to conflict with my personal data, is it possible?

Or can i setup an exchange server at home?
    Yes you can have more than one exchange account. That would work.

Personally I use exchange at work and I use Google for my personal PIM. WebOS's synergy is unique in that it allows both sources data to be displayed in the same views without mixing it together.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Ok can't use EAS at work as they only have licenses for Blackberrys

You stated free solutions for homes' outlook, can you point me in the direction? "There are free solutions to sync with your home computer running Outlook."

Thank you for your help thus far.
    Sprint Palm Pre-