1.    #1  
    Need help with correcting frequency of entering PIN that is linked to my EAS Exchange email account. This should have been fixed with version 1.3.1, but does not seem to on this phone.

My Pre is forcing me to enter a PIN anytime I use the phone after the phone goes to sleep. This is linked to the set-up of my EAS Exchange email account. How do I turn this off and still allow access my Exchange email? I would prefer NOT installing a patch/work-around if at all possible.

The phone came with 1.2.1 installed, so prior to setting up the Exchange email account, I updated the software to 1.3.5.1. According to the 1.3.1 update, this issue should have been resolved:
    Screen & Lock
    * A new Secure Unlock preference allows you to set the time interval the phone is idle before the phone locks, requiring you to enter the PIN/password to unlock the phone. This can be the same as or different from the interval after which the screen turns off. To set the preference: Open Screen & Lock > Lock After.

However, the only option available on the "Screen & Lock -> Secure Unlock -> Lock After" is "Screen turns off". No other time intervals are listed.

As a side note, I have spoken with the company's IT department about any policies, and they said that I should be able to set it for at least 30-60 minutes based on the company policy.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    I believe that EAS has a policy that forces you to enter the PIN for security reasons. You can download NO-DOZE and set it up where the phone doesn't go to sleep. uses more battery, but at least you will not have to keep on entering the code because your phone will no longer cut off. Unfortunately you want to avoid downloading applications or patches.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I know you don't want a patch, but there is a great one that bypasses the lock altogether. I use that and have a plan to just remote wipe my phone if it ever gets lost.
    I had this problem with 1.3.1 but it works for me now in 1.3.5.1. I have it set to 5 minutes.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Same problem as the OP. I've just decided to live with it. I informed Palm about it, but I don't know if a real solution is forthcoming. I'm almost scared to have them touch it again, given that every time they do an update involving Exchange something tends to break.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the responses. I have resolved for now to just use the simple PIN and keep the code to the simplest code I can enter quickly. For now I have the screen sleep mode set to 3 minutes, so I will live with it for now. It is just strange because it seems that Palm had fixed this with 1.3.1. In fact, a friend of mine has EAS set up for his work email on his phone and he is not required to enter a simple PIN at all. However, I am assuming that the company policy may not require a PIN.

At any rate, I may try Live Chat tomorrow to see if a Palm tech can actually provide any insight. If I find anything out, I will add it to this thread.

Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre