1.    #1  
    Well you knew this was coming. I have a Pre, the wife has a Pixi. Does anyone know of a way to share one profile for contacts/calender etc. rather than having seperate accounts for each device.

For years when my wife and I used our trusty Treo 755p's we just HotSync'ed a shared profile via Palm Desktop software and everything worked fine. I knew where she was, she knew that I was picking up the kids, etc. and now all that usability seems to be a distant memory. Sigh!

I tried using the Echo software from chapura but it only supports one device. Does anyone have an idea for a work around?

FYI, before you answer, I am anti google in that I don't want one company knowing everything about me. I prefer to keep my info private.

Thanks in advance.
    You could try using a single Exchange account. Just share it and log each device into the same account.

But since you don't want to use Google, I assume any cloud-based solution is out of the question. Don't know what to tell you otherwise.

One profile per webOS device. If you try to mix two profiles on one device you'll end up wiping out one of the device's data.
    pocket mirror chapura?
    Just curious what the difference is between having all of your data stored in a Palm profile versus a Google account? That would solve your problem.
  5.    #5  
    No 'm willing to try that. I just think google is getting to big for their britches and I'd prefer to aviod it if at all possible. If there is no other way to do it, I'll bite the bullet. How do you set up an Exchange account?
    Hosted Exchange accounts typically are not free. Some examples are: 1and1, 4smartphone, etc.

Do a Google search for "hosted exchange" and you'll find some. If you use one of those services, it will give you full Microsoft Exchange capability to sync contacts, calendar, email, and tasks.

If all you are looking to do is share a calendar, Google is a much simpler (and free) option. Just create a calendar and share it with your wife's gmail account. You can call it a "Family" calendar. Both of you will be able to see and edit it (depending on the permissions you set). Or each of you can share your personal calendar with the other and just handle your own bookings. Or you can do both. The whole idea of Synergy is based on this kind of flexibility. It's just that it's dependent on cloud-based services.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    AFIK the Palm profile only allows one device attached to it.
    Average cost for hosted exchange is around 10$ a month.

Yahoo accounts also sync calendars, yes it is also in the cloud but is not google.
    Last edited by dr5150; 01/12/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Yes, I forgot about Yahoo's calendars. I don't use them myself because they're not quite as robust as Google's AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $but$ $they$ $are$ $an$ $option$. $Not$ $sure$ $if$ $they$ $sync$ $both$ $ways$ $though$. $I$ $know$ $Google$'$s$ $does$.
    One option I would think would be to use the transfer software originally released to switch TO the pre- and one of your old Palm Desktop apps to transfer to two seperate profiles- yes its not one single solution, but you both begin with the same data to begin with- then its up to each of you to keep up with the numbers you require....

Otherwise I would think there would be no other option than to use something like google to store your contacts... :/
  10.    #10  
    Thanks all for the imput.

Quick question: I loaded to data onto my phone using Charpura's Echo software but then how do I get the info into google. Is there a way to go directly from my Palm Desktop by Access ver. 6.2.2 into Google.

Argh! This seems like such a pain just to get the data shared between two phones. My old Treo 755p is looking better by the minute.
    Last edited by iteotwawki; 01/13/2010 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Typo
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iteotwawki View Post
    Thanks all for the imput.

Quick question: I loaded to data onto my phone using Charpura's Echo software but then how do I get the info into google. Is there a way to go directly from my Palm Desktop by Access ver. 6.2.2 into Google.

Argh! This seems like such a pain just to get the data shared between two phones. My old Treo 755p is looking better by the minute.

Not till you start to use the new feature of the Pre

BTW i agree about the sync problem though
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Yeah I VERY VERY VERY much miss NVBackup that I had on my Treo 755p.... and also the capability of keeping my contacts on palm desktop as well as being able to transfer them via bluetooth etc or emailing/texting as a vcard.