1.    #1  
    I've got a trial version of Missing Sync on my Mac. Everything seems to work fine, except for contacts. I ended up with Apple Inc. and Mark/Space's info on my phone but nothing from my Pre ended up on the computer.

Am I 'Missing' something?

I haven't used anything like this before and all I want to do is an initial sync to my computer and add my contacts to Address Book (on Mac OS).
    If this doesn't work, I'm gonna have to manually add my contacts, which isn't horrible, but it will take a lot of time to add 106 contacts one by one.
    Help? Alternatives?
    Thanks
    During the initial setup of your Palm Pre a "Palm Profile" account is created. If your phone vendor transferred contacts from your old phone to the Pre the names were likely saved to this account. WebOS allows you to configure multiple accounts on the Pre, such as Facebook or Google, which may also contain contact and calendar data. When you install Missing Sync on your device a new account "My Computer" is created and set as the default account for new Calendar and Contact entries made on your Pre. Accounts are separate on the device and do not interact or synchronize data between each other, but the various accounts can be updated individually by the software manufacturer - Missing Sync only synchronizes with My Computer.

Once a contact is saved or synced to the Pre device there is no way to change it to a different account, but you can save a contact to multiple accounts. The WebOS interface does an excellent job of displaying info from all accounts for a specific contact. Events can be moved to a calendar that is associated with My Computer in order to sync. Make sure to save contacts and events to the My Computer account in order for Missing Sync to update the info to and from the computer.

There is a workaround that involves you creating a database file of your existing Palm Profile account. Submit a ticket to Mark/Space support and they can assist you with the process.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the My Computer thing.
    So I'm a little slow does that mean that when you sync all of your contacts with Missing Sync they wont show up in your Mac Contacts book? only the new ones will show up?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    So I'm a little slow does that mean that when you sync all of your contacts with Missing Sync they wont show up in your Mac Contacts book? only the new ones will show up?
    Yep you got it.
    is there a mac work around for the database file solution?
  7.    #7  
    I don't know about that. I've seen a script for a workaround on PC, but I don't think that person made one for Mac yet. One thing I want to try is the new patch that creates a v-card on your phone and sends it via email.... it might help, but I don't know. And I tried getting that patch from Preware and I got an install error, so I can't say for sure yet.