View Poll Results: Is your push email working correctly using Gmail on Wifi?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • No problems here! I get emails quickly on both Wifi and EDVO

46 37.10%
  • Push email works on EVDO 3g (Instant), but not Wifi (Manually updating is all that works).

10 8.06%
  • Works on EVDO (Delayed 5-10 min) and not at all on Wifi (Manually updating is all that works).

28 22.58%
  • Push email does not work on either EDVO nor WIFI!

40 32.26%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thats right everyone this topic has been discussed here: Are you getting the Yellow Triangle??

[url]

Wanted to take a poll to see if many others were having the same issue.
    Please vote! I have contacted PALM and now am on Level 3 tech support. Have sent in logs of my phone and they should be calling me back either today or tmr.

Is the problem discussed in depth in the thread above affecting you?
    Last edited by Dchris222; 01/10/2010 at 08:04 PM.
    how do you get gmail setup on push? i wish mine would....i just have it set to check once an hour
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    how do you get gmail setup on push? i wish mine would....i just have it set to check once an hour
    Set it to as items arrive.
  4.    #4  
    bump
    yes, yellow triangle and no push while on wifi...as soon as I turn it off and resync it starts pusing again and no triangle...very annoying!
  6.    #6  
    bump! Need more votes
    chris, did palm ever email you back?
  8.    #8  
    They said they would call me back, but have not done so yet. I will update you guys when they do.

Chris
    One thing to note, apparently (at least for me), the problem only exists for accounts that are set to "as items arrive". I have a couple other google based accounts that i have set to check on a schedule, and they work just fine on Wifi.
    treo 650 (dad still uses today!) --> treo 700p --> treo 800w --> htc touchPro2 (HATED IT...30 day return) --> pre!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkster5 View Post
    One thing to note, apparently (at least for me), the problem only exists for accounts that are set to "as items arrive". I have a couple other google based accounts that i have set to check on a schedule, and they work just fine on Wifi.
    Yup that is the same situation for me. Scheduled works fine, it's as items arive (push email) I get the error on wifi. I am hoping to get a call back today, but regardless I will also give them the link you provided. I think I might msg Deter to see if he could post a poll on the front page so we can get many more individuals imput. Right now it is split down the middle with half experiencing problems and the other being fine so I think the problem is more widespread then I thought. I will keep in touch.

Chris
  11.    #11  
    bump
    go to gmail. settings. Forwarding and POP/IMAP. disable IMAP Access.
    go to gmail. settings. Forwarding and POP/IMAP. enable IMAP Access.

restart palm device.

worked for me. i now have push.
  13.    #13  
    Just tried and am still having the same issues PALM can't call me soon enough!

Chris
    Yeah it didn't fix mine... i did for a little....
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    Yeah it didn't fix mine... i did for a little....
    So funny story...yesterday my power button went out on me so I took it into Sprint and they replaced my button...no dice still didn't work so they declared my device defective and had me call Asurion. My new (most likely refurb) pre was overnight to my place and is there as I speak. Am going to activate it tonight.
    I am still going to call PALM tomorrow (if they don't call me first) and at let them know many others are still experiencing the same email problem I was. Also I am going to test my new device to see if the problem still exists (hopefully not).

Chris
    Are you guys having issues using google apps for a domain, or just a plain gmail account?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    Are you guys having issues using google apps for a domain, or just a plain gmail account?
    For me, just my plain Gmail account that worked just fine on Tuesday and started having problems sync-ing and pushing Gmail starting Wednesday night.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Anyone have an update or some answers? This is really ****ing me off.
  19.    #19  
    Minor update from me. Got my new phone yesterday (due to a faulty power button) and tested to see if same issue would crop up...and it did! I called PALM once again to complain and they said they would be calling me within 24 hours (iv heard that before...) Will post an update when I hear back from them.

Chris
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I had this issue last week. I deleted and then readded the gmail account. After that I've had no problems.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast