View Poll Results: Is your push email working correctly using Gmail on Wifi?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • No problems here! I get emails quickly on both Wifi and EDVO

46 37.10%
  • Push email works on EVDO 3g (Instant), but not Wifi (Manually updating is all that works).

10 8.06%
  • Works on EVDO (Delayed 5-10 min) and not at all on Wifi (Manually updating is all that works).

28 22.58%
  • Push email does not work on either EDVO nor WIFI!

40 32.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Yea sadly I have done this many times to no avail.
    they call back yet?
  3.    #23  
    No ridiculous...
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    Are you guys having issues using google apps for a domain, or just a plain gmail account?
    I'm having the problem with Google Apps Premier, and NOT with my other pop3 e-mail addresses. It's only the account being pushed, however, unlike the criteria established in the poll, it's sporadic on both wi-fi AND evdo. Sometimes the e-mail will come in fine, sometimes delayed. It will, however, ALWAYS come through OK (never a yellow triangle error) by merely opening up the inbox. When I open the inbox, it begins to sync automatically (I don't even have to push the sync/refresh button), but it's annoying to have to wait a minute or so (depending upon how many e-mails are waiting for me) to sync...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. I've been having this since patching. I have not yet found a solution, but folks over here (in the highlighted message) have had some success.

Hope this helps.

Xan
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've been having GMail sync issues since the 1/12/10. Had it set to check my main GMail acct every 15 mins, but stopped getting notifications on the 12th. Then on 1/16 an email notification from Facebook came through, but none since - on any of the four accts that I sync to my Pre. Should mention that all my email comes through when I manually check my accts. Yellow triangle goes away while it's checking, then returns once it's pulled down all new emails. Checked emails I got on 1/12, and none have attachments at all (re: solution mentioned above, found on Palm's forums). Hope Palm will address this with an update soon.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I've been having the same issues since 1.3.1. Deleting and recreating the account haven't helped any. Usually works okay on EVDO, but always has the yellow triangle on wifi.
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I've been having the same issues since 1.3.1. Deleting and recreating the account haven't helped any. Usually works okay on EVDO, but always has the yellow triangle on wifi.
    My guess is that if you're only and always having the problem on wifi, it has to do with the port you have set for the e-mail account, and that the ISP providing the internet service on that wifi spot is probably blocking the port you've specified - it's not uncommon for them to do that for spam control. Have you tried setting an alternate port for the e-mail account? That might very well do the trick for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    My guess is that if you're only and always having the problem on wifi, it has to do with the port you have set for the e-mail account, and that the ISP providing the internet service on that wifi spot is probably blocking the port you've specified - it's not uncommon for them to do that for spam control. Have you tried setting an alternate port for the e-mail account? That might very well do the trick for you.
    I wouldn't mess with the ports, this how i fatally ruined my airave, and believe me that will not help, I too am having issues with as it arrives, which is barely does anymore, maybe 1 a day if i am lucky ...

I am manually checking now which is fine but its not suppose to be like that ..
    Worked until the newest updates, now nothing, my theory has to do with palm claiming better battery life and limiting emails coming through in wifi and poor coverage areas. I from time to time get the triangle too, but it fixes itself eventually ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I accidentally discovered that my "new-gmails-not received-nor-notified-over-WIFI" problem was temporarily gone when I was charging the Pre on Touchstone. This is most weird hopefully it's helpful info for the good people who have ability to come up with a fix.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by imgeorgelin View Post
    I accidentally discovered that my "new-gmails-not received-nor-notified-over-WIFI" problem was temporarily gone when I was charging the Pre on Touchstone. This is most weird hopefully it's helpful info for the good people who have ability to come up with a fix.
    Just got my touchstone today! Will test to see if it is the same for me. On another note, Palm never called me back. I would assume they haven't figured out a fix yet (shrugs).

Chris
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Guys, I have no problems with my Exchange account but none of my Yahoo accounts is working. It will sync fine in manual mode but push seems to be disabled for some reason. I know you are talking about Gmail but has anyone else experienced the issue with Yahoo?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JFGABEL View Post
    I had this issue last week. I deleted and then readded the gmail account. After that I've had no problems.
    did the same, worked as "advertised". My troubles started while being in Las Vegas, the connection on both data and phone is pretty crappy and might have triggered the problem.

Vegas mite be a black hole. my Iphone friends had no reception at all most of the time 'round city center. They now call them Icrap, I dump and.....
    I do not get any error messages but it looks like I did not receive any messages. When I open my gmail inbox then I see the messages start to come in. It is very annoying because then I have to wait for the device to receive all my new messages.
    I just tested 2 of my "push" accounts and within 15 seconds I received the test mail.

Test was done from MSN mail box to Google mail & to 1&1.com mail.
    I am planning on testing this through out the day. I will try to report my finding as I get the chance.

Gmail & 1&1.com are set to "as items arrive" and MSN once an hour.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've had this issue subside (knock on wood) and have started receiving both Yahoo and Gmail no push mail on time with no delays. I didn't try anything to fix besides removing/adding back the accounts a few times (which didn't produce results before) and then this past weekend they started to come push via EVDO and WiFi.

Sorry this doesn't really help, but maybe your issues will magically disappear like mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    Guys, I have no problems with my Exchange account but none of my Yahoo accounts is working. It will sync fine in manual mode but push seems to be disabled for some reason. I know you are talking about Gmail but has anyone else experienced the issue with Yahoo?
    same here I get the yellow triangle when I try to use my yahoo account just started today says invalid security token.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    I just tested 2 of my "push" accounts and within 15 seconds I received the test mail.

Test was done from MSN mail box to Google mail & to 1&1.com mail.
    I am planning on testing this through out the day. I will try to report my finding as I get the chance.

Gmail & 1&1.com are set to "as items arrive" and MSN once an hour.
    UPDATE: Not sure what has taken care of the problem exactly, but all is working correctly now and all day.
    Yahoo account has the yellow triangle thingy all the time... gmail seems to work off and on and my AOL account (I know, who STILL has those?) works as well w/ no problems. Palm, help us out here!!!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I am having problems similar to most of the posters here: when connected over WIFI, IMAP Idle does not automatically push my email (I have to manually refresh my inbox to see new messages). But it is working fine over EVDO.

Typical usage scenario: at home or at work I am on WIFI, and receive no push notifications (although my laptop's email client is showing that messages are coming in). Once I drive off somewhere (at which point I'm no longer on WIFI) I suddenly receive all of my email without having to manually refresh.

I am using a Google Hosted email account on 1.3.5.1. This worked fine on all previous WebOS versions.

This issue is also being discussed on Palm's forums here:
    Re: WebOS 1.3.1 IMAP IDLE broken - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast