Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am not getting email notifications on a consistent basis with 1.3.5.1. Sometimes I get as expected and at other times not at all.

For example, I had 7 emails pending overnight, but no email notification received.

Has anybody experienced this?

I also saw the old issue about too many cards opened....my first with 1.3.5.1

I want palm pre plus in exchange of palm pre. paid 200 first out of the gate and now feel ripped off...

I believe palm pre plus will be a huge hit with VzW. Such a cool phone....RIMM and Droid don't have a chance. Will give iPhone a run for its money.
    I've had this issue since 1.3.1 - I've kind of just got used to it. But yeah it sucks.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I am not getting email notifications on a consistent basis with 1.3.5.1. Sometimes I get as expected and at other times not at all.

For example, I had 7 emails pending overnight, but no email notification received.

Has anybody experienced this?
    I'm experiencing this issue with a Google Apps account after the update to 1.3.5.1, but didn't before, and it's NOT happening with my pop3 accounts. From what I can tell, at least in my case, it's not so much that the notifications are not coming through, but rather that the Google Apps account only syncs sporadically (even though I have it set for Push), and, at times, will force the resync when I open the inbox, and that's when I see the messages waiting for me. At other times, it does sync on it's own and notify me accordingly.

Anyway, I spoke to Palm, and let them know about the issue, and they promised to look into it for the next update.....We can only hope!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I'm experiencing this issue with a Google Apps account after the update to 1.3.5.1, but didn't before, and it's NOT happening with my pop3 accounts. From what I can tell, at least in my case, it's not so much that the notifications are not coming through, but rather that the Google Apps account only syncs sporadically (even though I have it set for Push), and, at times, will force the resync when I open the inbox, and that's when I see the messages waiting for me. At other times, it does sync on it's own and notify me accordingly.

Anyway, I spoke to Palm, and let them know about the issue, and they promised to look into it for the next update.....We can only hope!
    I have this issue with my yahoo imap account. So this is across the board. pop3 and imap.

Let's see if they fix this soon.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yup, i've had this problem since day 1, in june...I have 3 accounts so, sometimes I only get to see my emails when I go to my inbox. sometimes a 6am email will show up @ 6pm...***??? I have deleted my accounts, re-did them again, and nothing..something so simple becomes so difficult on the pre....
    I notice this problem too but I am thinking it is because my wifi craps out depending on where I am in my house and requires me to stop/start wifi to get data working again. EVDO doesn't kick in because the pre thinks it is still connected, but it can't get any data.
    I have the same problem since the 1.3.5.1 update.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Same thing here too. Palm if you could please resolve this soon it would be very much appreciated!
    Me too
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    I have problems with my yahoo emails but not my Gmail.
    make sure your inbox is open or expanded thats what i have to do. I dont mean open as a open card, when you open your email you can expand your inbox just leave it expanded. I use as item arrives works like charm.
    have had this problem since 1.3.5, I maybe get 1 a day versus my 9 in the mornong alone, sucks bc it used to work great, thankfully I am not alone, sucks though cause as it arrives is basically inop and yes my inbox is expanded too!
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbeanxx View Post
    I notice this problem too but I am thinking it is because my wifi craps out depending on where I am in my house and requires me to stop/start wifi to get data working again. EVDO doesn't kick in because the pre thinks it is still connected, but it can't get any data.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmatlosz View Post
    What I found last night is that when the phone is in between a poor Wifi signal and a poor cell signal the phone stops getting any email and it appears the notifications have stopped. This was not the case for me on 1.3.1 and can confirm. It seems Palm may have code in the email app that kills the checking when the signals are poor. This is unacceptable behavior for me, I need the mail checked consistently regardless of signal condition.
    Very interesting theories. I think you may be on to something here. I don't believe that the problem necessarily only happens to me when I have no or poor wi-fi and poor or no cell signal, but perhaps it's occurring whenever one switches between wi-fi and cell service, and it doesn't "correct" itself until the inbox is opened and therefore "forced" to reconnect (or the wi-fi connection is re-established in the case of poor wi-fi signal). This would coincide with Palm's efforts to save battery life, but "kills" someones e-mail connection when they leave their wi-fi covered area....I'll be monitoring this theory for sure, and alert Palm if it proves to be the case.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    This happens on my phone only when I'm connected to WIFI (no email notifications, orange triangle at top of email app), it continues this way until I am on EVDO only (or disconnected from WIFI) and refresh/manually check for email.
    same EXACT issue here regarding wifi and email...really hope this is fixed soon!
    Email updates worked perfect for me up till the last update. Now I never get updates it seems like.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmrsports View Post
    This happens on my phone only when I'm connected to WIFI (no email notifications, orange triangle at top of email app), it continues this way until I am on EVDO only (or disconnected from WIFI) and refresh/manually check for email.
    Same deal for me, glad to see I am not alone.
    This is happening to since I upgraded to 1.3.5.1. It didn't seem to be a problem for me in 1.3.5. I am using a Yahoo email account. Hopefully Palm can get a fix out for this in the 1.4 update next month.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Me too. Im gonna try removing/adding account. see if that works.
    My dad's, my mom's, and my Pre have the same issue where we don't get get notifications for email. This has started with the new 1.3.5.1 update. Hopefully there's a quick 1.3.5.2 update to resolve this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast