1.    #1  
    Hello everyone!

I have a german pre and my problem is, that emails are not showing. When I open the email app I get the config screen where I can add and edit email services, the only problem is, that I don't see any accounts. I can see they are using screen space, but it is blank. I can tap add account or done, If I press done I see the email app, but without any emails and folders it is completely blank. In the lower left corner is the new email icon, which works and emails are being sent. Also I see incoming email in the notification area, only the email app doesn't show anything.

Calendar and contacts sync fine. Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

I have restarted the phone, took out the battery, did a complete reinstall, a partial reinstall, everything I could think of. Nothing seems to work.

Is there a way to remove email accounts from outside of the email app?

webos 1.3.1

Thx guys!
    Can you take a screen shot please? Orange+Sym+P

Also try tapping the App Menu, Preferences & Accounts, and make sure that your email accounts are there.
  3.    #3  
    The first image shows what I see when I open the app, the second is what I see when I tap done. And the third is the account preferences, where I don't see any accounts.
    And I just found out, that I cannot send emails, but I do get notifications of new email. If I try to add my email account, (on the first screen) the app says, that this account already exists...

email1.png

email2.png

email3.png
    Last edited by bkos_pre; 01/10/2010 at 05:53 AM.
    Woah that is very strange. I think you should use webOS Repair Utility
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I tried the webosrepair utility, which restored two files, both of them were messaging related. And there was one webosdoctor didn't find. But so far nothing has changed. Same behaviour.
    The first time I recognized the problem was after I tried to enable msn messaging. Could that have messed up my email accounts?
  6.    #6  
    I installed the os update and things are working fine now.
    Thx for the help!
    It's great to here that! You're very welcome
    I am getting the same issue as the OP but only from time to time in webOS 1.4. Anyone else getting this weird behavior? It almost seems like the email app has not ready your preferences/accounts data and thinks you are setting up for first time all over again. But after several attempts at closing and re-opening the app, it behaves normally again. I wonder if the old email / attachments cache is getting too large for the app to load efficiently...
    I am in Calgary. I have had problems trying to sync my telus and my shaw emails accounts. Gmail seems to work fine. I was hoping with 1.4 update somehow my problems would be solved - wishful thinking. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
    I updated to 1.4 and have the same issue. I did a web-doctor clean install and the problem came back. I did both partial and full erases through the phone as well. Every time the email accounts get lost, email program does not load any. Some other notes; the email program breaks on the second charge from a dead battery. Even when email is broken, all other synergy functions work (Calendar, contacts, etc.). Probably going to swap for a new one at sprint.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    Ok, I tried the webosrepair utility, which restored two files, both of them were messaging related. And there was one webosdoctor didn't find. But so far nothing has changed. Same behaviour.
    The first time I recognized the problem was after I tried to enable msn messaging. Could that have messed up my email accounts?
    I've never used MSN and I have this same problem on a WebOS 1.4 Sprint Pre in the US.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I would desperately love some of these gurus around precentral to jump on a thread and tell us how to just reset the email accounts on a Pre without having to nuke the phone. Most of us keep this stuff in the cloud now (IMAP or Exchange or Facebook or other server), so it doesn't make sense to have to reset the phone to reset the email accounts.

Is there any command-line magic (or GUI magic - *any* magic) to convince the email/contacts/calendar/tasks apps (& whatever other apps) that there are no accounts on the phone?
    Have you tried cleaning the /var/luna/data/emails and /var/luna/data/attachments directories per http://forums.precentral.net/general...my-memory.html

rm -rf /var/luna/data/emails
    rm -rf /var/luna/data/attachments
    reboot
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Have you tried cleaning the /var/luna/data/emails and /var/luna/data/attachments directories per http://forums.precentral.net/general...my-memory.html

rm -rf /var/luna/data/emails
    rm -rf /var/luna/data/attachments
    reboot
    This seemed to fix my problem, the key aspect of which was a reboot. The OP of this solution I think failed to mention the importance of the reboot step (tho it makes sense).
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm running a non-scientific experiment to see if patches are affecting email functionality. I ran for a few days without them, and have had good success.

As of a few minutes ago, I've just re-installed my favorite patches:
    4x4 Icons (v3)
    Device Menu Megamix
    Video Camera flashlight

I'll observe for effects on email app & report back here as well as on this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-1-4-a-2.html
    Same problem here. All my Email accounts are gone and resetting etc does not bring them back. I am having trouble readding them so I have no email function on this phone now. Not a very good markting feature for the Pre.....

POST 1.4.1.1 UPDATE: I am pleased to report that after 1.4.1.1 my email accounts have magically returned!!!
    Last edited by ETUTREO300; 03/31/2010 at 11:10 PM.
    ETUTREO300
    ^^^ Same here as of late last week...

shows no email accounts, can't add new ones. Resetting etc makes zero difference. this is for both gmail & hotmail. It 'forgot' them both!