Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    New "iPhone" functionality also makes it possible to reschedule an existing Calendar entry and have it sync back to the server.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I've also installed 8.5.1.1 CF1 and have reinstalled the WebOS 1.3.5.1 mail client w/ successful results.
    Hey Gregg, when you say that you reinstalled the webOS 1.3.5.1 mail client what do you actually mean? Did you use WebOS Doctor or the package management commands? I do have a rooted device, just hoping for a little guidance around what I should do to clean up the mail app, so I have a better test. Let me know what I need to do. We applied the CF1 fix to traveler and we are still getting errors in the Domino logs around my Pre.

here is one of the error messages, there are some severe ones as well.

WARNING *system Thread for userID CN=username/O=compan and deviceID PALMa486641afe7423984ac300695d0d could not be found for session com.lotus.sync.TSS.ExtRoutine.SessionCloseInfo@27492749. The session will be closed on the current thread which may not close databases properly.
    As I alluded to earlier in the thread, I might have had a slightly newer version of the mail client than what ships w/ 1.3.5.1 to assist Palm with their testing of Traveler-related issues.

The error you are seeing likely has nothing to do w/ the Pre itself. I would suggest contacting IBM/Lotus for support.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Gregg, I work for a company that uses lotus notes and good mobile messaging to push email ota. The last time I looked Good does fully support webos yet. Plus you have to pay their data plan, something similar to crapberry.
    That is correct, though it is on their roadmap and due soon, as I have alluded to in the past.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomicich View Post
    New "iPhone" functionality also makes it possible to reschedule an existing Calendar entry and have it sync back to the server.
    My admin installed CF1 last night. Everything's running fine so far, including calendar support.

Unfortunately, bad MIME encoding problem (multipart message has no boundary parameter) is still not solved.

I'll do some more testing later today, but Lotus Traveler seems to be now fair solution for accessing Lotus Domino from Palm Pre.

Kreso
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quick update - I received notification a couple days ago about availability of Interim Fix 1 (IF1) for Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.1.1
    Since everything's been working, I took a couple days to look into it and it looks to be a re-identification of Cumulative Fix 1 (CF1) The ReadMe seems to identify the exact issues identified under CF1 and it actually makes sense - when I initially got the CF, I thought to myself "This isn't cumulative, it's an out-of-band update they released to fix major issues introduced during the last update." - which Lotus usually releases as an IF.

So, long story short, it appears that CF1 = IF1
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Finally compared documentation side-by-side on the CF and IF for Traveler 8.5.1.1, they are separate fixes. According to the Recommended Maintenance Abstract, the CF should be installed before the IF.

Wow, this is the most convoluted thing I've seen from Lotus in a long time, but I'm just glad my EAS is working again.
    Has anyone had any issues in working with Palm OS 1.4 at this point? We have the same issues with no body text as well as missing contacts. I also attempted to generate an ID and the traveler site now show that this device is not recognized. Unknown Device type (DeviceType: PALM_1X_ACTIVESYNC_CLIENT (510)). Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'm delaying the 1.4 upgrade until someone responds to macnlkc. It was too painful being without.
    Our office has 8.5.1. (I don't believe they've updated to 8.5.1.1). I am able to see my message bodies now after the 1.4 upgrade. I have also played around with some settings and have found that get email as it arrives doesn't kill my battery as it used to.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, or maybe I just had to know. In any case, I pulled the 1.4 update to the phone and everything seems to be fine.

mac - What version of Traveler are you accessing? 8.5.1.1 with CF1 seems to be problem free at this point. There is also an Interim Fix (IF1) available that says it addresses message body issues, but I haven't applied it because the Cumulative Fixpack did the trick for me. If you've recently applied the CF or IF, delete the account from your Pre and set it up from scratch.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macnlkc View Post
    Has anyone had any issues in working with Palm OS 1.4 at this point? We have the same issues with no body text as well as missing contacts. I also attempted to generate an ID and the traveler site now show that this device is not recognized. Unknown Device type (DeviceType: PALM_1X_ACTIVESYNC_CLIENT (510)). Any thoughts?
    WebOS 1.4 w/ Traveler 8.5.1.1 CF1 works fine for me.

But, I still have problem with bad MIME encoding in outgoing messages that some email clients refuse to decode. BlackBerry client says :Error in parsing this message. Couldn't display the body part!!!

Krešo
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, or maybe I just had to know. In any case, I pulled the 1.4 update to the phone and everything seems to be fine.

mac - What version of Traveler are you accessing? 8.5.1.1 with CF1 seems to be problem free at this point. There is also an Interim Fix (IF1) available that says it addresses message body issues, but I haven't applied it because the Cumulative Fixpack did the trick for me. If you've recently applied the CF or IF, delete the account from your Pre and set it up from scratch.
    The Traveler 8.5.1.1 CF1 fixed the issue with the body. IF1 I've read fixes an issue with the Traveler server that could cause the Domino server to have memory leak issues. I haven't run into the issue but we have very few people in our environment. Here is a link to someone who got the error Andy's House O' Blog: SnTT: A Lotus Traveler Memory Issue, but there is a fix!.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    WebOS 1.4 w/ Traveler 8.5.1.1 CF1 works fine for me.

But, I still have problem with bad MIME encoding in outgoing messages that some email clients refuse to decode. BlackBerry client says :Error in parsing this message. Couldn't display the body part!!!

Krešo
    Kreso, I've tested against a Balckberry and my mail goes through without issue - I notice an accent above the "s" in your signature, could it be something about the character set that's being used in your email?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Kreso, I've tested against a Balckberry and my mail goes through without issue - I notice an accent above the "s" in your signature, could it be something about the character set that's being used in your email?
    Thanks for the feedback. It was strange that I was the only one who noticed this problem, but if I take your assumption into calculation, given the number of users who are using Pre w/ Lotus Traveler and Eastern European character code page, it's not that strange any more.

Unfortunately, it also means that I'd better solve the problem on my own, or I'll wait forever

I'll try to find somebody who's able to interpret/verify MIME encoding.

Kreso
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    My Pre stopped receiving email yesterday. After reset, I could only receive half of my inbox.
    I thought it was Traveler problem, but I just learned that other users are also having problems with EAS after 1.4 upgrade.

See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...nce-1-4-a.html

I still haven't confirmed the root of the problem, but I guess I'll doctor my Pre back to 1.3.5.2

Kreso
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Read most of this and didn't see anything about the error message that I am getting since 1.4 is loaded. When I go to view a message the screen says retrieving email text, after about 30+ seconds it says unable to download message with a button to retry (pressing it gets the same results). Anyone else experience this and know of the fix?
    Joe C.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123