Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well scratch that....8.5.1.1 brings back the blank message body problem.

Don't ask me how I know. ;-)
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I got all excited when I got notification of availability for Traveler 8.5.1.1. I knew better than to hope Lotus rushed out a fix and their release cycles are very thorough (which is why I'm never reluctant to jump into a beta - they always seem to be the same quality other software companies call "Gold 1.0") but I upgraded my server with eager anticipation... nope, still no bodies.

I don't have access to Border AV, or know anyone running it. If you've got an email address protected by it and can't apply the new Traveler immediately, I'd be happy to send something to it.
    I haven't seen what messages look like on a BlackBerry, what's the effect? I know of several people I can send a test to.

Just tested meeting invitation, I still get "This document is a meeting notice and requires the use of a Lotus Notes or iNotes client to view the content."
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post

Don't ask me how I know. ;-)

Brings it back? Did it ever go away?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomicich View Post
    Brings it back? Did it ever go away?
    As mentioned, it was fixed. Also, if you read the release notes for 8.5.1.1 you will see that it is necessary to enable the iPhone meeting request functionality. It is not done automatically.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Gregg,
    I try to go out of my way to not come across as a dumbsh*t when posting on forums, but I have to admit that it may very well be the case this time. I have been unable to locate Release Notes for Traveler 8.5.1.1 and I can't even find the ReadMe. I've found blogs detailing the process to enable but can't find the official documentation.
    When I originally downloaded it I couldn't find a FixList anywhere but applied it figuring it couldn't hurt, and now I've just spent a half-hour looking for official documentation without finding any - am I just having a flashback to my partying days here or have they managed to hide the docs pretty thoroughly?
    Are you saying that the fix your buddy at Palm came up with has been undone by the new traveler version?

Sorry if I'm just having a bad day here mentally.
    If you download the upgrade version via FixCentral you have two possible selections:

1. fix pack: 8.5.1.1-LNT-Fix-Pack-RELEASE_NOTES

and

2. Recommended group: LNT-8.5.1.1-Recommended-Server

The release notes are an HTML file. I think there was a problem with the downloads initially in that both the release notes and the actual installation package had the same file name. LOL.

Typical IBM.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    How many d@mn times are they going to make me click before they start pushing the file??!!??!?!?
    Anyway, unless the Release Notes are 178 MB, they're doing something that's making it unclear.

EDIT-
    I guess stubborn wins. Ran through it 2 more times and suddenly I have a 15 KB file. I don't even care where I took a wrong turn at this point... No, that's not true - it's going to eat at me and I'm going to end up back there tonight to figure out how I missed it.

*sigh* IBM - the only company in the world that sends you a 4 page License Agreement with a laptop bag.
    Last edited by tomicich; 01/20/2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: update
    Been following this for a while. We have 8.5.1 at work and I've set up Traveler on the Pre. Works great, except the email body issue. I noticed that when I am in a poor signal area, and I click on a newly received message, sometimes there is a button to click that says 'Retrieve email text' (or something like that). Once I click that, the body of the email is retrieved and all is good. I've only noticed this a few times, as it takes the right situation for it to appear.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbytehead View Post
    Been following this for a while. We have 8.5.1 at work and I've set up Traveler on the Pre. Works great, except the email body issue. I noticed that when I am in a poor signal area, and I click on a newly received message, sometimes there is a button to click that says 'Retrieve email text' (or something like that). Once I click that, the body of the email is retrieved and all is good. I've only noticed this a few times, as it takes the right situation for it to appear.
    The situation we're describing here seems to be a global problem after updating WebOS to 1.3.5 and there's no way to get the bodies. The problem still exists on 1.3.5.1, but people in Europe are reporting that 1.3.5.2 doesn't exhibit the problem.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    My Lotus admin was quick and helpful - he applied 8.5.1.1 fix.
    Now, I got "no message body" problem for external email, while internal email seems to be fine.

I am using 1.3.5.2 QWERTZ GSM Pre so I didn't have "no message body" but I was hoping to solve me other two problems. Both two problems (bad MIME encoding for outgoing email and problems with short FROM field) are still here, but I got empty messages

I asked my admin to uninstall the fix.

Kreso
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I just got a call from Palm and spent over an hour on the phone with an engineer hitting it from every imaginable angle with a test account set up on my server.
    Interestingly enough, if I forward an email to myself the body shows up. Email shows up and there's no body on the phone, I open it in Notes and forward it to myself, the forwarded email shows the body on my phone... ??? Wow.

Even better, if I forward it to myself from the phone, it just never shows up.

@Gregg - Any word from the "inside" when we're going to get a fix?
    Was the engineer's name Kevin?

My understanding is that the "no message body" issue that was fixed before 8.5.1.1 was slated for 1.4. As for the 8.5.1.1 problems, we haven't gotten started yet. The decision was made to wait until I got back from Lotusphere so I could still use my email. He didn't think there would be an issue getting the newest fixes in for 1.4 also.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Was the engineer's name Kevin?

My understanding is that the "no message body" issue that was fixed before 8.5.1.1 was slated for 1.4. As for the 8.5.1.1 problems, we haven't gotten started yet. The decision was made to wait until I got back from Lotusphere so I could still use my email. He didn't think there would be an issue getting the newest fixes in for 1.4 also.
    I think this was a much less informed individual than "Kevin" - I went along and did all the leg work figuring that the more information Palm has, the better and this way they have another test bed to bounce things off of.
    1.4 slated for when, March?

-------
    wow, what a delay. I was just typing this up and received the email I forwarded to myself from the phone about 15 minutes before my last post. Sadly, no body in it either.
    As announced at CES, it's due in February.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    As announced at CES, it's due in February.
    Damnit, I don't have time to read the articles...

Ohhh, Flash too!

...It's what time? ..and I still have WHAT to do???

*sigh* No more reading
    OK, I just got the following response from my contact at Palm regarding Traveler 8.5.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Contact
    Quick update: We've been testing Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.1.1 on our Domino test server, and it looks like Lotus broke a part of ActiveSync that the Pre and a number of other non-Lotus-supported EAS clients (MS Outlook Mobile, VersaMail for Palm OS, etc) rely on. It's likely that it'll require a fix in Lotus Notes Traveler rather than an update to WebOS. We're going to try to work with IBM and see if we can get things resolved, but I have no idea how long it'll take.
    So, unless you've got iPhone folks dying for C&S functionality and Nokia folks who need the update for some of their updated functionality, it looks like the Pre-centric answer is to stay at 8.5.1.0.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    OK, I just got the following response from my contact at Palm regarding Traveler 8.5.1.1.

So, unless you've got iPhone folks dying for C&S functionality and Nokia folks who need the update for some of their updated functionality, it looks like the Pre-centric answer is to stay at 8.5.1.0.
    Exactly. I upgraded to 8.5.1.1 and quickly stepped back to 8.5.1. Now, it works fine again. At least as good as before.

Kreso
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Looks like Domino Traveler 8.5.1.1 Cumulative Fix 1 resolves this issue!

Received notification this morning that it was available on Fix Central and checked out the Release Notes (which I was actually able to find this time) and one of the items listed was:

• LO47693 - Some internet e-mail does not contain a body when synced to the device.

Downloaded and installed the CF, deleted and re-created my EAS account, and everything appears to be working normally again!

Apparently someone over at Lotus figured out how to undo the 8.5.1.1 issues, and include something that fixed the problems uncovered when WebOS 1.3.5 was released.
    Found out about the fix two days ago and am waiting for confirmation from Palm that this is the APAR that they opened.

I've also installed 8.5.1.1 CF1 and have reinstalled the WebOS 1.3.5.1 mail client w/ successful results.
    Last edited by Gregg; 02/04/2010 at 11:29 PM.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    I can also now verify that the new ability for iPhones to accept/decline meeting requests w/ Traveler 8.5.1.1 (and CF1) works just fine w/ the Pre.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast