1.    #1  
    I use Google Apps for my business email. For anyone who isn't familiar with it, it is very similar to Gmail (the look is the same), the difference being I get to use my domain for my email address.

The problem I'm having is that when I update contacts on my Pre, they are not updating in my Google contacts. If I update a contact in Google Apps, it will update the Pre. So, I'm having a one way sync issue.

I have a personal use Gmail account set up, and updating contacts on my Pre does update those Google contacts, so it isn't an issue of my phone not working right. It appears to be a Google Apps issue, or a WebOS - google Apps issue.

Is there anyone else using Google Apps having this problem?

Google's recommended setup procedure for setting up a google Apps account is to add the account through Contacts setup, and not Email setup. Setting up the account via Contacts as a "Google" account works and does pick up my email and calendar correctly. I'm assumign Google recommends this setup method because it isn't a gmail domain for the email address.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this one?

Thanks!!
    I am having the same problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgonsoulin View Post
    I use Google Apps for my business email. For anyone who isn't familiar with it, it is very similar to Gmail (the look is the same), the difference being I get to use my domain for my email address.

The problem I'm having is that when I update contacts on my Pre, they are not updating in my Google contacts. If I update a contact in Google Apps, it will update the Pre. So, I'm having a one way sync issue.

I have a personal use Gmail account set up, and updating contacts on my Pre does update those Google contacts, so it isn't an issue of my phone not working right. It appears to be a Google Apps issue, or a WebOS - google Apps issue.

Is there anyone else using Google Apps having this problem?

Google's recommended setup procedure for setting up a google Apps account is to add the account through Contacts setup, and not Email setup. Setting up the account via Contacts as a "Google" account works and does pick up my email and calendar correctly. I'm assumign Google recommends this setup method because it isn't a gmail domain for the email address.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this one?

Thanks!!
    I just bought a Palm Pre Plus and also use Google Apps. The first thing I noticed was that only 277 out of 577 of my Google contacts came over to the Pre. And, yes, these are all in the My Contacts label.

After reading your post I tried adding a contact to the Pre and clicking Sync Now and it did not show up in Google Contacts. Added a contact in Google Accounts and it also did not sync to the Pre.

So, I got a partial Sync initially and now no updates sync either way.

Does anyone know if it is advisable to remove and re-add the account?

By the way, the calendar for this account seems to be okay. Did a sync both ways and the contact entry synced.
    Just fixed my Google Contacts syncing problems, with help from Palm's advanced tech support:

1. Delete Google Contacts account from Phone
    2. Reset Phone
    3. Log into Google account and export "My Contacts"
    4. Delete all of "My Contacts"
    5. Logout of Google
    6. Log into Google
    7. Import contacts
    8. Logout of Google
    9. Add Google account on phone

And that should do it!!!!

My contacts now sync both ways!!!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticOrder View Post
    Just fixed my Google Contacts syncing problems, with help from Palm's advanced tech support:

1. Delete Google Contacts account from Phone
    2. Reset Phone
    3. Log into Google account and export "My Contacts"
    4. Delete all of "My Contacts"
    5. Logout of Google
    6. Log into Google
    7. Import contacts
    8. Logout of Google
    9. Add Google account on phone

And that should do it!!!!

My contacts now sync both ways!!!!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....

I have had a long month trying all sorts of things and this is the only thing that really works. IT WORKS. IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY WELL. AND FURTHERMORE, IT IS EASY AND STRAIGHTFORWARD.
    Quote Originally Posted by raleighretalk View Post
    I just bought a Palm Pre Plus and also use Google Apps. The first thing I noticed was that only 277 out of 577 of my Google contacts came over to the Pre. And, yes, these are all in the My Contacts label.

After reading your post I tried adding a contact to the Pre and clicking Sync Now and it did not show up in Google Contacts. Added a contact in Google Accounts and it also did not sync to the Pre.

So, I got a partial Sync initially and now no updates sync either way.

Does anyone know if it is advisable to remove and re-add the account?

By the way, the calendar for this account seems to be okay. Did a sync both ways and the contact entry synced.
    When you say "reset" phone so you mean "restart/reboot" the phone of erase all data on phone and restarting it. There are 6 "reset" options in Device Info (Restart, shutdown, Erase Apps & Data, Erase USB Drive, Full Erase, and Secure Full Erase). Thanks in advance for your thoughts.