Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have over 400 contacts with google, when I sync it with my pre only 50 of them show up, any ideas?
    Last edited by compnetbobby; 01/05/2010 at 04:56 PM.
    They changed the Pre so it does not sync with "All Contacts" in Google. Is it possible this is your problem? Try assigning the users you want to "My Contacts" in Google.
  3.    #3  
    Everyone is currently in the default "my contacts" group. I have some users in the family group, but the pre only sync's 53 of the 415 total contacts that I have. I dont have 53 contacts in a particular group. Everything seemed to be working fine prior to the 1.3.5 update from a few weeks back. I had the "lost my contacts" issue with the 1.3.1 update also, but when I synced my phone back with google contacts they were all there. Any other suggestions?
    Im running into the same thing. After the update my pre is only syncing 134 of my 177 contacts. I have made a new group but its still not syncing all of them. I have no group with 134 in them by the way.

/update

i have moved contacts around from the "My Contacts" folder to an "Everyone" folder to see if it would change. well it removed all contacts and didnt sync anything. i then moved them back to the "My Contacts" folder and only 137 came up this time. Would this be a 1.3.5.1 you think?
    Last edited by mycbtech; 01/05/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    I'm having the same problem. I had to do a partial erase after 1.3.5 because of an app store problem and after signing into my google account, only 226 of my 515 contacts sync. Does anyone have a fix for this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my google account several times to no avail.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that I have the same problem; only 100 contacts import, yet I have 204 listed. I don't have any groups with 100 nor do I have any "symbols" in any of the names...
  7.    #7  
    anyone out there using google contacts and have it working? How did you set it up?
    The only way I was able to get my contacts to sync were to open a new gmail account and import my contacts from my main gmail acct to the new one and it synced perfect to the new acct. I guess i will use this account just for backing up my contacts. This still does not explain why the original gmail account wont recognize the contacts. Hope this helps until the problem is fixed.
  9.    #9  
    I have 2 linked google contact accounts, they both sync the same 53 out of 415 contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by mycbtech View Post
    Im running into the same thing. After the update my pre is only syncing 134 of my 177 contacts. I have made a new group but its still not syncing all of them. I have no group with 134 in them by the way.

/update

i have moved contacts around from the "My Contacts" folder to an "Everyone" folder to see if it would change. well it removed all contacts and didnt sync anything. i then moved them back to the "My Contacts" folder and only 137 came up this time. Would this be a 1.3.5.1 you think?
    Actually, this is exactly what I was going to recommend to the OP (I read his response at a stop light, but didn't have time to respon on my Pre).

I think maybe there's a flag somewhere (either on the Pre or in Google) that makes the device "think" something's been sync'd when it hasn't. The above procedure should work.

I had a similar issue several weeks ago, but was fiddling with CompanionLink at the time, and thought it was caused by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    anyone out there using google contacts and have it working? How did you set it up?
    I'm using Google contacts, and mine all appear to be syncing correctly; however, as I mentioned above, I had a problem at one time. Moving "my contacts" to a new group (taking them out of My Contacts) then moving them back fixed it back then.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm using Google contacts, and mine all appear to be syncing correctly; however, as I mentioned above, I had a problem at one time. Moving "my contacts" to a new group (taking them out of My Contacts) then moving them back fixed it back then.
    Confirmed and syncing all contacts as we speak.

Why do we need to go through crap like this???
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl0013 View Post
    The only way I was able to get my contacts to sync were to open a new gmail account and import my contacts from my main gmail acct to the new one and it synced perfect to the new acct. I guess i will use this account just for backing up my contacts. This still does not explain why the original gmail account wont recognize the contacts. Hope this helps until the problem is fixed.
    I tried this and it didnt work. it actually got worse. i went from 137 contacts to 21. something happened with the 1.3.5 and google.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mycbtech View Post
    I tried this and it didnt work. it actually got worse. i went from 137 contacts to 21. something happened with the 1.3.5 and google.
    I did have to remove and restore my account, try that

i have tried this too and it didnt work... frustrating!

Things like this are always going to be something of an issue. You are talking about a device that is attempting (farily well so far) to synchronize with multiple sources, each of which have their own "standard" which is subject to change.

Nothing has tried this before, so the Pre is both the most succesful, and the biggest failure, so far. But it's still the best
    So i tried to do change to another account and sync the new account to my contacts....

Didnt work. only 21 of my contacts moved over

I then went back to my original account and tried to move my contacts out of "My contacts", sync, then add then back to "My Contacts" and got less contacts to move over.

Im at a total loss here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Same issue hear, only 420 out of 528 sync. I have tried everthing above and even have done a partial erase and restore. Still no luck. Maybe a full erase is in order?
    Quote Originally Posted by robarroyo View Post
    Same issue hear, only 420 out of 528 sync. I have tried everthing above and even have done a partial erase and restore. Still no luck. Maybe a full erase is in order?
    i was thinking of trying that tonight
    I posted this in another thread regarding this same issue:

I deleted the Gmail account and noticed that immediately, my available contacts went from 59 to 2. I proceeded to remove that same Gmail account in the Email, Calendar, and Messaging apps. I rebooted, and reinstalled in the Email app. After the sync, I had 59 contacts. So that means that it IS syncing, but not all contacts.

I went to my Google Contacts account to investigate. I have 171 contacts in "My Contacts". Within 'My Contacts', I have 4 sub categories (Family, Friends, Co-workers, & Businesses). Not every contact within 'My Contacts' is in a sub category. So I started comparing and contrasting the contacts that show up on my Pre and what's in my 'My Contacts'. Sure enough, there are contacts that are in no sub category as well as contacts in each one of the 4 sub categories. I tested this theory by:

-moving a contact from one sub category to another. No change after a force sync and reboot of Contacts app.
    -deleting a contact that existed in my Google acct but not on my Pre OUT of the sub category, and nothing changed.
    -deleting a contact that existed both on my Pre & in Google out of 'My Contacts'. After I forced a sync and restarted the Contacts app, the contact was deleted.
    -I re-added that contact to 'My Contacts' and it reappeared after another forced sync and reboot of the Contacts app.
    -Added a contact not in my Pre or in "My Contacts". Did not show up on my Pre after a sync and reboot.

There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to why Synergy is syncing some contacts from Google and not the others.
    Needless to say, I am still looking for a solution.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast