Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Make sure none of your contacts have symbols in the name such as * @% or whatever. This kills the sync as of 1.3.5 (at least I'm pretty sure thats what did it to me).
    The problem is the new update. Its not allowing all your contacts to sync to your phone from your Google acct for some reason. So I went back to the previous webOS update (the 1.2.1), synced my Google acct & ALL my contacts are back in the phone. The only thing is, when you go back to a previous update you gonna lose ALL your info on the phone because it's like a master reset so BACKUP EVERYTHING!! Even if you have to write it down,do that. If you follow this link it will tell you how to go back to the previous webOS. Palm Support : Revert your phone to a previous version of webOS
    The problem is the new update. Its not allowing all your contacts to sync to your phone from your Google acct for some reason. So I went back to the previous webOS update (the 1.2.1), synced my Google acct & ALL my contacts are back in the phone. The only thing is, when you go back to a previous update you gonna lose ALL your info on the phone because it's like a master reset so BACKUP EVERYTHING!! Even if you have to write it down,do that. If you follow this link it will tell you how to go back to the previous webOS. http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com.../72810_en.html
    The problem is the new update. Its not allowing all your contacts to sync to your phone from your Google acct for some reason. So I went back to the previous webOS update (the 1.2.1), synced my Google acct & ALL my contacts are back in the phone. The only thing is, when you go back to a previous update you gonna lose ALL your info on the phone because it's like a master reset so BACKUP EVERYTHING!! Even if you have to write it down,do that. If you follow this link it will tell you how to go back to the previous webOS. http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com.../72810_en.html
    Just take the symbols out of your contacts before you do all that...
    Mine was so messed up I reset my phone and it wont sync any numbers out of 400!

How can i manually take them from my outlook or google. I have google companion and it is up to date but I cant get them to my phone. Anyone?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I've got the same problem and can't find any answers.

Is there a conspiracy? Check this out: Marcus H. Feder’s Blog » Palm Pre And Google Contacts Sync Becoming Another iTunes Conspiracy?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I've got the same problem and can't find any answers.

Is there a conspiracy? Check this out: Marcus H. Feder’s Blog » Palm Pre And Google Contacts Sync Becoming Another iTunes Conspiracy?
    I just sync'ed my google contacts this morning (10:58 PST) and all my contacts are there. it even sync'ed a dummy contact that i had put in for a test!!!
  10.    #30  
    Something is screwed up, but I doubt it is a conspiracy.

Have you guys tried this method,

"Moving "my contacts" to a new group (taking them out of My Contacts) then moving them back"

This fixed it for me
    Yeah same thing happened to me after 1.3.5 and had to backtrack to 1.2.1, load the google contacts, and then update to 1.3.5. I just dont dare deleting the acct and resign back in to verify.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I have a theory. It appears the contacts that are not moving from google to Pre are contacts that I have had a phone call record with in the past. I have since done the Doctor which wiped out my call history, but some reason all contacts are coming in except ones that I have called for some reason.
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I NEED TO STUDY AND THIS IS TAKING ALL MY TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    I have been trying to figure this out for awhile. Here is what worked for me. I deleted all the groups that I had created on my google account, deleted the profile from my Pre, re-added my profile on the Pre and it's now syncing again. I think it has something todo with groups that are created. Anyway worked for me and everything is syncing again.
    same problem here!

This is not funny at all this phone should be a tool to help me with my business not a problem that I need to spend several hours to try to fix in order to be able to do business. This is ridiculus. Is it too hard to test the stupid software before sending it to customers?

I don't care about itune facebook and all other thinks like that when the most basic thing of a phone ( being contact with phone number ) is not even working. Please fix the basic and the I might still be there for the fancy stuff.

Very frustrated.
    Ok here is what i did:

Export your Gmail contacts via Google Contacts in the vCard format.

Email the vCard file to the email addy that your phone uses. And download the vCard file and open it. Your phone will verify that you want to import all of your contacts...agree to it.

Side note you now when i change a contact on my google online contacts it does update my phone on EVERY contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgebusta View Post
    Ok here is what i did:

Email the vCard file to the email addy that your phone uses. And download the vCard file and open it. Your phone will verify that you want to import all of your contacts...agree to it.

Side note you now when i change a contact on my google online contacts it does update my phone on EVERY contact.
    Worked like a charm! Thanks a bunch for figuring out a fix to that headache!
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgebusta View Post
    Ok here is what i did:

What about photos? They will be transfered with vcard or the Pre will sync them after do the vcard importation?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Wow, I can't tell you how grateful I am for this "simple" solution. I was tempted to go back to 1.2 as another poster said...glad I waited.
    try out nuevasync(NuevaSync - Push Email and Over-the-Air Synchronization for Your iPhone) instead and see if it works better (it's free)..uses exchange to sync to with google to your pre (and other devices). works great on my treo pro.. just a thought if the native sync to google ain't workin.. don't hold me responsible if it doesn't!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast