1.    #1  
    So we all have the Sprint Profile backup which is "supposed" to backup apps. Well, it does, sort of, but not all of them and it does not backup data from those apps or settings for many of them.

Has anyone seen a simple solution for either wired or wireless/over-the-air backup that would backup the entire device?

This is a Palm Pre question, but no doubt the solution will apply to all web os devices.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    it *IS* a linux device. heck if I can get a rsync app ported that'd be enough for me to work with.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I periodically connect in USB mode, and copy (everything in) /media/internal to a folder on my PC's hard drive. I name the folder for the date of backup, and every now and then, delete the oldest backup.

If you use a file manager to do a backup like this, make sure it is set to show/copy hidden files/folders.

This isn't a perfect solution, but it works fine as an additional safety net, if you have a bit of technical inclination...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I periodically connect in USB mode, and copy (everything in) /media/internal to a folder on my PC's hard drive. I name the folder for the date of backup, and every now and then, delete the oldest backup.

If you use a file manager to do a backup like this, make sure it is set to show/copy hidden files/folders.

This isn't a perfect solution, but it works fine as an additional safety net, if you have a bit of technical inclination...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Sounds like a great solution. How would you restore everything if your WebOS gets trashed?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Sounds like a great solution. How would you restore everything if your WebOS gets trashed?
    Yep, that is the major issue!