1. abz
    My first post. Question regarding removing a Microsoft Exchange email account. Account was working fine but I was having a problem with email notifications after 1.3.5 update. Decided to remove this email account and then re-add it to se if that corrected the notifications problem. Went to email preferences and clicked on the account and then clicked "Remove Account". It went forever "removing it" which actually it never completed. However, the account name still shows up but there is nothing there (no folders at all). The problem now is when I try to go back and Add An Account, it says: account with this email address already exists. So I cannot add it back again. What to do from here? Thanks, Al
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I just experienced the same issue while I was trying to find a workaround for the calendar not showing issue, different than what is currently published by Palm.

I renamed the account "delete_me" and swiped so the change saved then changed the sync increment to from 'as items arrive' to 'Manual' and swiped again so the change saved then deleted the password within account settings and again swiped so the change would save and voila - the message Account removed appeared.
  3. abz
    One question - what do you mean by "swiped" Thanks, Al
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    after you make each change, swipe left to return to the prior screen and the edit will be saved. I hope this works for you as it did me.
  5. abz
    I got to the delete password. How do you delete the password. I went to "change login settings" and just "removed it" Is this correct?

Also did you do all this with the "removing account" in operation?

Or after you did all this - did you then click remove account again?

Al
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    yes - I simply removed the password.

What matters is you make those 3 changes, save them all, then select Remove Account.

I am not sure if it was in the process of removing the acct whilst I was making the aforementioned changes or not but I assure you I hit remove account at least 5 times before I made those changes and it finally took.

Don't be afraid to try it and have it fail, it won't do any more harm.
  7. abz
    I also had tried about 5 times without success.
    Went through your 3 changes and after 20 minutes, it is still saying "removing account"
    So no luck for me - unless you have another suggestion.
    Very much appreciated your input.
    I might just have to completely reset my phone.

Thanks, Al
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    One more idea comes to mind.
    Can you change the account type from EAS (Exchange) to POP3?
    Also, do you have another acct that you can make the default?

I would not reset the phone yet

When it does finally accept removal, it will happen nearly instantly so don't wait around for it.
    im having notification issues with a gmail account. Curious to see if deleting it helped at all. Anyone else having an issue with email notifications?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    im having notification issues with a gmail account. Curious to see if deleting it helped at all. Anyone else having an issue with email notifications?
    If it's the SSL notification you need to take your Pre off network time, revert back to Dec 09 manually, save the change by exiting the time and date; then reenable network time. If it's not the SSL notification be specific and state what you are seeing or the behavior and we'll help.
  11. abz
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cdndctn View Post
    One more idea comes to mind.
    Can you change the account type from EAS (Exchange) to POP3?
    Also, do you have another acct that you can make the default?

I would not reset the phone yet

When it does finally accept removal, it will happen nearly instantly so don't wait around for it.
    Yes I have a Gmail account which was the default.
    I cannot change EAS to POP3. Just will not let me do it.
    Tried again and no luck.

Think it is time for a reset now???

Thanks, Al
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abz View Post
    Yes I have a Gmail account which was the default.
    I cannot change EAS to POP3. Just will not let me do it.
    Tried again and no luck.

Think it is time for a reset now???

Thanks, Al
    I wish I had an extra Pre so I could recreate the issue and reverse engineer this one. Try a restart before you decide to reset. it may require a restart to accept the changes. Make sure you are backed up if you are going to reset!
  13. abz
    Thanks so much for trying to get me up and running again.
    I did try several "restarts" and attempted "removes". No Luck.
    Not much else to do if I need that e-mail account.Take care, Al
  14. abz
    For those following this thread, I wanted to provide this follow up.
    Wonderful news - before resetting my phone, I installed the newest OS update 1.3.5.1 and then went back to my exchange email account and on the first try it was successfully removed. Apparently, this new update addressed some "exchange issues".
    Well it certainly fixed my problem.
    Then, re-added my exchange email account which went well and I now have the email notifications that I did not have with 1.3.5 which started this entire process from the beginning.

Thanks, Al
    I have 1.3.5.1 and still experienced this problem. As 4cdndctn saw, the accountf was suddenly deleted after a bunch of delete attempts + changing account settings. So basically just mess with it for a while and you should eventually succeed.

Side note: the reason I got into this state was that I simply wanted to change from "3 days" to "All". I have one starred folder other than my inbox and even after changing the setting it still refused to show messages older than 3 days. Anyone else seen that? Super irritating.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Phew. I finally got this to work. Thanks for the tips above. I was trying to remove 2 accounts so I can re-add them from scratch. I restarted dozens of times, changed those three settings and then some. Apparently it's also a matter of patience. I just let the spinning icon for "Removing this account" keep going. It took an average of 15 minutes each to completely delete the accounts.