Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    so are we playing cat and mouse again with itunes? i downloaded a movie ( digital copy ) the other day to itunes, and it made me update itunes. now once again my pre will not sync to itunes. its kind of wierd this time, when i plug in my pre it will open itunes, but that is all it will do.
    i think palm may have moved on from itunes. It has not been addressed in the last 2 updates.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    They need to fix this or broker an agreement with Apple. Palm please listen.
    Doubletwist works for me. I could care less if itunes support comes back. There are plenty of options instead of Itunes, but I could see some being upset about it...

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I removed and reinstalled back to 9.0.1 (or whatever the last one was that worked), and its all good. I am not sure about movies though.

What version of itunes did you have before?
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I hope they don't fix it and they shouldn't have been touting this as a capability in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Doubletwist works for me. I could care less if itunes support comes back. There are plenty of options instead of Itunes, but I could see some being upset about it...
    Double twist was pretty bad from my experience.

How do you create Playlists there?

was also hard to change the Artist on the song if it was not there. Not nearly as efficient as Itunes IMO
    its been updated a few times in the last few months. Playlists are drag n drop or thru a context menu (right click add to playlist and select the one you want to add it to), couldnt find a way to edit the info though. Not something I have needed to do, but i could see it being handy.

It's well known that if you want/insist to use iTunes, then you are committing to staying within the Apple ecosystem. Apple does not want you using anything else. If you want to use something that is not an Apple product, then ditch itunes.

Otherwise you are going to be in a constant state of frustration wishing itunes worked with your gadget. This is how Apple has taken over the world - because it's too painful to switch.

There are plenty of better and less restrictive alternatives to itunes out there. Doubletwist is great for music and Zune is great for buying music and renting/buying movies (which are higher quality than itunes, especially if you have an xbox). And - once you try the Zune pass, you'll wonder how you lived without it (free 14-day trial).
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    how do i go back to an older ver. of itunes?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The people to complain to here are Apple and not Palm. It is Apple that keeps blocking the Pre. The USB Standards Group has already weighed in on this issue and admonished Palm for spoofing Apple's vendor ID. It is unlikely that Palm will fix the iTunes sync in the future. If you insist on using iTunes, it's probably best to either stay at an older version of iTunes or use something like Doubletwist to sync your music library.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gump666 View Post
    how do i go back to an older ver. of itunes?
    Try Download iTunes - Old Version.com
    9.0.1 works with 1.3.5 and basically most other WebOS Versions. Just don't update itunes and you're good to go.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    thanks for the info
    where can i download the 9.0.1 64 bit version?
    ok nevermind the site OldApps.com has everything
    Anyone here on 1.3.5 that works with iTunes 9.0? My Pre can't connect sadly. It opens up iTunes but it doesn't show up under devices.

EDIT: Disregard, updated the packaging manager services and now all is good. Thank goodness ^^.
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 01/05/2010 at 03:57 AM.
    can anyone confirm if 9.0.1 works with Pre?

i just downloaded it and nothing
    So no one has come up with an alternative software that syncs the seperate playlists? Jeeze! on my old samsung 610 i used to just drag and drop my shared folder onto the drive and the phone played the seperate internal folders as seperate playlists. Is that too much to ask for? I dont want one large playlist. I like to break down my music into groups of my own. Am I crazy here?
    stop upgrading your itunes people.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast