1.    #1  
    hey does itunes and the new update for the pre fix the itunes sync? I am having problems syncing my pre after downloading the latest itunes.... nay way to fix this???? I figured the new update would fix work with itunes????
    nope it doesn't, good riddance I say, should allow more time to work on actual issues
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    nope it doesn't, good riddance I say, should allow more time to work on actual issues
    I am able to sync iTunes after my 1.3.5 update. I did not do the latest update on iTunes...but the previous iTunes does sync to a 1.3.5 pre,
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
    I am able to sync iTunes after my 1.3.5 update. I did not do the latest update on iTunes...but the previous iTunes does sync to a 1.3.5 pre,
    exactly.

as long as you dont update itunes, like the original poster said he did, you can still use it to sync.

so the original poster now has to find an older version of itunes if that is their preferred method of media management.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    exactly.

as long as you dont update itunes, like the original poster said he did, you can still use it to sync.

so the original poster now has to find an older version of itunes if that is their preferred method of media management.
    easy enoug to find with Google. The only problem I had when I downgraded once before was that the library file was no longer compatible with older versions. That was a problem for me because my 500+ playlists were in that file. Luckily, I had an older copy backed up elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    easy enoug to find with Google. The only problem I had when I downgraded once before was that the library file was no longer compatible with older versions. That was a problem for me because my 500+ playlists were in that file. Luckily, I had an older copy backed up elsewhere.
    im glad you chimed in because since getting my Pre, I haven't upgraded iTunes so Im not familiar with any potential "risks" with rolling back.
  7.    #7  
    so will palm fix this in the future? Because I just got my wife a new ipod and it required us to d/l the new itunes.... So is there any plans to fix this? Abd also what is the latest version of itunes that works with palm syncing to it?
    9.0.1.8 is what I have and it works.

and I really wouldnt count on palm "fixing" anything cause it's really not broken. Palm was taking advantage of a workaround and they quit playing cat and mouse with each update.

if you plan on keeping the Palms, i would find a different method of managing your media.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Doubletwist !!!
    I agree use Doubletwist works great.
    Is Doubletwist in the App catalog? Did a search on my Pre but it did not come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Is Doubletwist in the App catalog? Did a search on my Pre but it did not come up.
    no, its a program you download off the internet.

Sync, Play & Send to BlackBerry, PSP, iPod, iPhone with doubleTwist

it works as advertised, albeit a little slow.

i tried it for a while, and like i said, it works, but i dont typically put music on my phone so i uninstalled it.

if i put music on in the future, ill just use MediaMonkey, which is my primary computer music player to begin with.
    Doubletwist has a very similar UI to iTunes so that'll make it easier to move to, plus access to Amazon MP3 which is imo a better store anyway that iTunes. Simpler to use and often better pricing.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Just curious, will double twist allow me to sync and play my DRM video files from iTunes to my Pre? Yes, I was dumb and purchased movies from the iTunes store and can only play them in iTunes.

To the OP: I say try and get rid of iTunes altogether if you can. You can easily remove DRM from mp3s. I use WinAmp to sync and organize my music. Winamp also let you make playlists and sync them too.
    MediaMonkey for the win.....

Its so easy to use & sucks the music from I-tunes.
    I have the 1.3.5 uypdate. I just downloaded doubletwist to transfer my itunes movies and I can't get it to work. evertime I try to sync a movie to my pre, it "skips" the file. Even with the drag and drop. Any suggestions?
    Doubletwist sucks in my opinion. Slow as hell!
    I finally ditched iTunes after the media sync stopped working after I updgraded my Laptop to Win 7. I had iTunes 9.0 and WebOS 1.3.5.1. Now I just use drag and drop since I actually don't use media sync very often anyway. iTunes has been a royal pain for me -- so many compatibility problems.