Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    very nice chris. i'm looking forward to the solution.

I also called palm for support on this issue. First thing they said was to doctor to 1.3.5.1. i told them i already did this and it didn't fix the issue.

so they told me to doctor to 1.2. i said no. they couldn't figure it out.
    So i am looking forward to your solution. don't forget to tell us

thanks
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    delete your email acct from the pre, and input it again. Most of the time it works. I it doesn't work, then partial erase and log back in. I fix it many times, but there are times it doesnt work for some imap accts. You must go to the settings for that acct and see if it allows to sync into mobile phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquipower View Post
    delete your email acct from the pre, and input it again. Most of the time it works. I it doesn't work, then partial erase and log back in. I fix it many times, but there are times it doesnt work for some imap accts. You must go to the settings for that acct and see if it allows to sync into mobile phones.
    Everything you have suggested I have done short of doctoring my phone. I should not have to do this and a fix needs to be pushed out to the public imo. Will see what they have to say today.

Chris
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    Everything you have suggested I have done short of doctoring my phone. I should not have to do this and a fix needs to be pushed out to the public imo. Will see what they have to say today.

Chris
    exactly.
    Just got off the phone with them. They are still working on a fix and will be calling me back either today or tmr with more info. I actually emailed them the link to this forum so that they can see that others are experiencing the same problem.

Created a poll here so that many people may vote. Get to it.

<http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/223957-push-email-not-working-wifi-delayd-evdo-gmail.html#post2144465>

Chris
    Last edited by Dchris222; 01/10/2010 at 03:34 PM.
  6.    #26  
    you should probably keep the info here.... keep us informed though on this thread please...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    @Chris - if you talk to Palm tech support again, you may want to also point out another email thread here on the forums which indicates yet more people experiencing similar email problems (excuse the formatting I can't post links yet): http(colon)//forums(dot)precentral(dot)net/palm-pre/223880-email-notification-inconsistent-1-3-5-1-a-2(dot)html.

I don't have any problem with my login credentials being rejected, but for the past couple of weeks, notifications from two of my three email accounts has been getting more and more inconsistent. For those two accounts, I'll occasionally get a notification, but much more often than not, I won't get a notification at all. Instead I have to go into the mail app, and manually click the sync button. Yet, one of my accounts is continuing to work flawlessly. Of the two accounts that aren't working, one is a Yahoo! account and the other is a google account. The account that continues to work fine is a google apps account.

Over the past several days I have tried all of the following to fix it (none of which have worked):
    - Numerous restarts and battery pulls
    - Removed the effected accounts (including email, calendar, contacts, and messaging) and re-added; tried multiple times
    - For the Yahoo! account removed the account from my own phone and removed the Palm Synergy and all other profiles from profiles.yahoo.com; re-added Yahoo! account; tried multiple tomes
    - Removed accounts and Doctored the phone to 1.3.1; readded accounts after doctoring
    - Moved all of my email messages from my Yahoo! account out of the Inbox and into a new folder

At this point, I'm out of ideas as to what to try. It doesn't matter whether or not I'm on wifi or EV-DO, or have a strong or weak signal (and fortunately where I live and work I almost always have a strong signal).

If anyone has any more ideas as to what to try I would love to hear them. I'd also love to hear if Palm has anything to say about the issue. Until a few weeks ago, email seemed to be working perfectly.

Thanks!
    Will pass this along when the "finally" get around to calling me back! Another day passes by and yet no call...think I will wait one more day and give them a call again. The old saying "Good things comes to those who wait" , well I am getting impatient! lol

Chris
    So I activated my phone and guess what...gmail push email is still messed up on wifi! Have a meeting for work this morning, but am going to call PALM to see if they have figured out the problem yet.

Chris
    I had the same problem. I doctored my phone and started adding things one at a time and checking my phone to see if the problem would come back. I found that when I added the web browser ad-blocker (2nd thing I added) in the webOS quick install, tweaks, and did a luna restart I had That obnoxious triangle again when I set my email to get mail as it arrives on wifi. I went back into qi and unchecked the ad-blocker and did a luna restart...now my phone gets the email as items arrive with no delay on wifi or EVDO. Worked for me, maybe it can work for you.

Good luck!!!!!
    I have this same problem on my pre the last few days. I did notice when i went to my acct preferences, my outgoing password is not being saved no matter how many times i enter it. Palm really needs to fix this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12