@Chris - if you talk to Palm tech support again, you may want to also point out another email thread here on the forums which indicates yet more people experiencing similar email problems (excuse the formatting I can't post links yet): http(colon)//forums(dot)precentral(dot)net/palm-pre/223880-email-notification-inconsistent-1-3-5-1-a-2(dot)html.
I don't have any problem with my login credentials being rejected, but for the past couple of weeks, notifications from two of my three email accounts has been getting more and more inconsistent. For those two accounts, I'll occasionally get a notification, but much more often than not, I won't get a notification at all. Instead I have to go into the mail app, and manually click the sync button. Yet, one of my accounts is continuing to work flawlessly. Of the two accounts that aren't working, one is a Yahoo! account and the other is a google account. The account that continues to work fine is a google apps account.
Over the past several days I have tried all of the following to fix it (none of which have worked):
- Numerous restarts and battery pulls
- Removed the effected accounts (including email, calendar, contacts, and messaging) and re-added; tried multiple times
- For the Yahoo! account removed the account from my own phone and removed the Palm Synergy and all other profiles from profiles.yahoo.com; re-added Yahoo! account; tried multiple tomes
- Removed accounts and Doctored the phone to 1.3.1; readded accounts after doctoring
- Moved all of my email messages from my Yahoo! account out of the Inbox and into a new folder
At this point, I'm out of ideas as to what to try. It doesn't matter whether or not I'm on wifi or EV-DO, or have a strong or weak signal (and fortunately where I live and work I almost always have a strong signal).
If anyone has any more ideas as to what to try I would love to hear them. I'd also love to hear if Palm has anything to say about the issue. Until a few weeks ago, email seemed to be working perfectly.