Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdandpe View Post
    I have tried the workaround as described in the this thread. Calendar entries that I input from my desktop Outlook sync almost instaneously and appear on my Pre. However, it hasn't worked (at least yet) the other way . . . i.e., when I input a calendar entry on the Pre, it doesn't sync onto my desktop Outlook.

    Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

    Btw -- thanks to all who contribute to this Forum. I'm becoming a lot more educated than I ever thought I would want (ok) or need (not ok) to.

    I am having this same problem. I did the workaround and got my calendar entries to show up but items added on my calendar on the pre don't sync to my desktop. Anybody else?
  2. #82  
    Hmm... On January 4th, i tried to restart the phone and the problem of invisible events returned. I'll go back and run the workaround until palm releases a fix.

    Royce
  3. #83  
    They are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, the workaround only works until you restart your phone. Hopefully some homebrewer or Palm will come out with a fix this week.
  4. howeler's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #84  
    I just got this:

    -Open the Calendar application and go to Calendar menu (upper left) and choose "Preferences & Accounts". Scroll down to ACCOUNTS. Tap Exchange and tap "Remove Account" & tap "Remove Calendar Account" again.
    -Open the "Date & Time" preferences application and select the preference "Network Time" to Off
    -Set the date to December 31, 2009 – changing first the year and then the month and day.
    -Set the "Network Time Zone" to Off
    -Open the Calendar application and Add a New Account – input the information to re-estabilsh the EAS / Exchange account.
    -Open the "Date & Time" preferences application and select the preference "Network Time" to On
    -Set the Network Time Zone to On
    -Close the Date and Time application
    -Go back into the Calendar application – the customer should now see all of their meeting events.

    Also that Sprint will be releasing a Maintenance Release soon.
  5. lylebrous's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #85  
    I find it amazing that Palm has not resolved this issue. Ironically my phone has no issue and I am on 1.3.5. My wife had the issue on 1.3.1 and it took me 3 days to get the update to download. I updated and still have the problem on her phone with 1.3.5.

    To be honest, this is one of many issues with these phones. I really like my Pre, but I am strongly considering ginving them up for Android phones. I just got my kids Android phones and they are quite nice.
  6. #86  
    I did the workaround on my Pre and now have my calendar contents back. Now, just waiting (it's been more than an hour so far) for the "Waiting for network time..." message to go away. IDEA for our friends at Palm: How about thoroughly testing new updates before releasing them?
  7. #87  
    I've been successful with the work around for getting Calendar items to view - and have to do it each time the phone is reset.

    HOWEVER - my event alarms are NOT WORKING? None of my Calendar events alarms have triggered. The event shows an alarm is set, yet they are not functioning on the phone.

    Anyone else have this issue?
  8. #88  
    I'm not complaining, but I'm using EAS with network time enabled and 1.3.5 OS and am *not* having any Calendar issues. I can input an appointment on the Pre and it will show up in Exhange/Outlook. My physical time zone is HST (no DST obervation).
  9. #89  
    Never noticed the calendar issues, but I did notice that the time on my Pre did not match my wife's pixi. I tried to update the Network Time Zone and Network Time, but this only lead to "Trying..." messages.

    Today, I reset my Pre. Updated my Network setting (from phone app) and the PRL (from phone app), and everything seems to be working.

    I can now update the Network Time - after some waiting. Doing the above phone updates during the Network time updates seems to hurry things along.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    None of this fixes the calendar for me. I use google for all 10 of my calendars. When I first noticed it not syncing I deleted the account to try and reinstall it so it would sycn up right, and now I have nothing. In the preferences in calendar view options it says "You may not have calendars enabled for this account."

    Well this sucks!
    Come on Palm, I would think a fix should be here by Monday. Figure it out.
    Speedy...

    I too use google calendar.

    In the calendar app, in preferences & accounts, make sure google is the default calendar. Go to calendar view options. Turn "Display in All Calendars View" OFF for your exchange account. Return to preferences & accounts. Press "Sync Now".

    When I did this, my google calendar events returned and are persistent across reboots.

    YMMV
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by vholif2137 View Post
    Thanks, I should've thought of that! Better than nothing!
    Go to date and time, turn off network time. Set the date of your phone manually to 12/31/2009, all of our outlook calendar events should appear. Then manually change the date back to the current date, all of your events should remain. The only caution I found is if you need to re-set or reboot the Palm the settings will revert and you will loose your calendar again. I did this and it works. Hopefully Palm will get this figured out soon so we can go back to the network time setting.
  12. #92  
    The network time does take a while to come up. I waited several minutes.
  13. #93  
    webOS 1.3.5.1 is now available to address the calendar issue. It seems to be working for me... :-)

    Re: Bug: Calendar stopped working on 1/1/2010 - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
  14. #94  
    Just what the title says. I just upgraded to OS 1.3.5.1. I can see my previously scheduled appointments, but can not schedule new appointments. When I tap on the screen and enter an appointment, it just disappears into thin air. I'm not using exchange server, just Missing Sync for the Mac. No worky!
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdandpe View Post
    I have tried the workaround as described in the this thread. Calendar entries that I input from my desktop Outlook sync almost instaneously and appear on my Pre. However, it hasn't worked (at least yet) the other way . . . i.e., when I input a calendar entry on the Pre, it doesn't sync onto my desktop Outlook.

    Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

    Btw -- thanks to all who contribute to this Forum. I'm becoming a lot more educated than I ever thought I would want (ok) or need (not ok) to.
    I have updated to 1.3.5.1 and my first test calendar entry on the Pre sync'd to Outlook as it should have. But it was "one and done" because after that, none of my Pre calendar entries appear in Outlook. Still sync'g ok from Outlook to Pre.

    Curiously, if I edit (i.e., add a note in the note field or change the duration) a calendar event originally created in Outlook from the Pre, the edit does synchronize back to Outlook. (This also worked before the 1.3.5.1 update.)

    Has 1.3.5.1 cleared up the issue of Pre calendar entries sync'g to Outlook for those that were having this problem?
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdandpe View Post
    I have updated to 1.3.5.1 and my first test calendar entry on the Pre sync'd to Outlook as it should have. But it was "one and done" because after that, none of my Pre calendar entries appear in Outlook. Still sync'g ok from Outlook to Pre.

    Curiously, if I edit (i.e., add a note in the note field or change the duration) a calendar event originally created in Outlook from the Pre, the edit does synchronize back to Outlook. (This also worked before the 1.3.5.1 update.)

    Has 1.3.5.1 cleared up the issue of Pre calendar entries sync'g to Outlook for those that were having this problem?
    Good news and bad news. The good news is that my newly created (post-1.3.5.1) Pre to Outlook entries now appear to be sync'g properly. The bad news is that none of the entries created before the 1.3.5.1 update have sync'd. . . but at least those are limited because Palm turned around the update quickly. Thanks Palm!
  17. #97  
    1.3.5.1 installed overnight on my Pre w/o my knowledge, so I couldn't uninstall any patches or themes. But, no issues so far regarding that, and the calendar items are appearing after reboots. I too do not see Exchange reflecting any new calendar items from my Pre, even after doing a "sync now" from the preferences screen. But changes from Exchange are coming into the Pre fine.

    -Brian
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by subearu View Post
    1.3.5.1 installed overnight on my Pre w/o my knowledge, so I couldn't uninstall any patches or themes. But, no issues so far regarding that, and the calendar items are appearing after reboots. I too do not see Exchange reflecting any new calendar items from my Pre, even after doing a "sync now" from the preferences screen. But changes from Exchange are coming into the Pre fine.

    -Brian
    Brian,

    I rev'd my settings, thinking I had both Network Time and Time Zone ON. Actually, my Time Zone was "still searching for network," so the phone must have thought it was OFF. When I turned it on (by going to Airplane Mode and then back to network/phone mode) and then tried a calendar entry from Pre, it no longer sync'd to Outlook.

    When I turned Time Zone OFF(and set it manually to NY, NY) and then tried a Pre calendar entry, it sync'd quickly to Outlook. I seem to recall this was the workaround for one of the earlier updates, so maybe the underlying issue is still there, even with 1.3.5.1.

    Try and let us know if it works.

    jdandpe
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdandpe View Post
    Brian,

    I rev'd my settings, thinking I had both Network Time and Time Zone ON. Actually, my Time Zone was "still searching for network," so the phone must have thought it was OFF. When I turned it on (by going to Airplane Mode and then back to network/phone mode) and then tried a calendar entry from Pre, it no longer sync'd to Outlook.

    When I turned Time Zone OFF(and set it manually to NY, NY) and then tried a Pre calendar entry, it sync'd quickly to Outlook. I seem to recall this was the workaround for one of the earlier updates, so maybe the underlying issue is still there, even with 1.3.5.1.

    Try and let us know if it works.

    jdandpe

    Another potential issue that a guy in my office noticed is that when a Pre calendar entry does successfully snyc to Outlook (with Network Time Zone OFF), it posts to Outlook as an Outlook "Meeting Request" rather than an Outlook "Appointment."

    Don't know whether has any bearing on the issue, but figured I throw it out there in case anyone else has experienced or has any thoughts.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdandpe View Post
    Brian,

    I rev'd my settings, thinking I had both Network Time and Time Zone ON. Actually, my Time Zone was "still searching for network," so the phone must have thought it was OFF. When I turned it on (by going to Airplane Mode and then back to network/phone mode) and then tried a calendar entry from Pre, it no longer sync'd to Outlook.

    When I turned Time Zone OFF(and set it manually to NY, NY) and then tried a Pre calendar entry, it sync'd quickly to Outlook. I seem to recall this was the workaround for one of the earlier updates, so maybe the underlying issue is still there, even with 1.3.5.1.

    Try and let us know if it works.

    jdandpe
    yep, chaning network time zone to off is allowing schedule items on the Pre to go to my Exchange 2003 account. Sweet!

    Still no issues with any patches I have applied with Preware after the update. Not sure why my Pre applied this update w/o my acknowledgement though.

    -Brian
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions