Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spoke to Palm on the phone and they gave me the "turn off network time, set date to 1/2/2010, look and see events are showing in calender, leave network time (and time zone) off but set date to 1/1/2010" fix. Make sure you call Palm if you are having this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    A co-worker of mine once wisely observed (or possibly quoted), "Anything made by humans will fail". The Pre is no exception to that rule, and neither is Android, iPhone, or any other device. While I certainly expressed some frustration at this bug, I am grateful for the help of this community in identifying it and coming up with workarounds to help deal with it.
    So true. Although the iPhone works fine with corporate e-mail for many people, a friend and others who work at my company (a large enterprise company) are experiencing a significant problem where the iPhone mail application crashes immediately when trying to access corporate e-mail via Exchange. For me, this renders the phone completely useless. This is certainly more problematic than anything we have experienced as Pre owners. I doubt Android phones are problem free either. Even Blackberries, the standard for reliability have systemwide outages periodically and being a former owner, I routinely had problems with calendar syncing.

The grass is always greener...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Whew... I managed to "fix" my Pre's missing appointments ...
    1. I changed the Network time to off, and the Date to December 31, 2009. No appts.
    2. I changed the date to Jan 2, 2010. No appts.
    3. I reset my Pre. (with the setting Network time off, Date: Jan 2, 2010) Bingo it worked.
    4. Changed the Network Time setting back to on. So far so good.
    5. I don't have to reset my Pre as often as I reset my BB so hopefully, the fix will last til Palm corrects the software glitch.
    I seem to have a task that wants resolution even though it's not due until March .?.
    Oy.
    Danielle
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Same problem, same fix worked for me. Thanks!
    The work around seemed to work for me - THANKS!
    At first it did not seem to work, then after about 1 min it seemed like it started to catch up with the past and all sorts of alarms for past meetings popped up. After dismissing them all, and resetting my date to 1/1/2010, things are still on the Calendar.
    None of this is working for me. I use google and now my google calendars don't even show up. In the Calendar View Options under my google account it just says you may not have calendars enabled for this account.

***. I have tried manually changing it to 2009, back to 2010, all without the network time off. I am getting no where.

Hopefully palm will fix it soon. So calling sprint that getting transfer to palm support is the way to go? Can we just call palm support? The more of us that call, the quicker I'm sure we'll get an answer!
    Update: Calendar still blank on Jan 2nd

Rebooted phone.

No change

Removed all calendars but the Palm Profile.

Re-added Exchange AES calendar account and Google Calendar account.

Synced

No change

No calendar entries visible from 2009.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by dld121 View Post
    Update: Calendar still blank on Jan 2nd

Rebooted phone.

No change

Removed all calendars but the Palm Profile.

Re-added Exchange AES calendar account and Google Calendar account.

Synced

No change

No calendar entries visible from 2009.

David
    Not clear if you reset your date and turned off Network time?

For me, the work around from kallan42 fixed things, until I reset the phone again to put it in DEV mode to try and put my favorite patches back on. Network time off, Date set to current (1/2/10), after reset the Calendar was blank again. I installed my patches, reset the phone, turned off DEV mode (which reset it again), checked Calendar and it was still blank. Then I reset date to 12/2/09 (Network Time off), checked Calendar and everything was back, reset date to 1/2/10 and Calendar is still okay.

It seems with each reset, I have to go back and reverse the date for a moment to get the Calendar back, then reset date to current and all is okay.
    fix worked for me. Set network time to manual, changed date to 12/31, changed back to 1/2, rebooted Pre, and EAS calendar appears.

However, I can only see the appointments if I choose EAS in the calendar view. If I select ALL Calendars, I do not see those appointments; I see the ones from Sports Calendar app.

Palm--happy NY to you. Apparently you want us to remember 2009 b/c of this untested glitch. Great job!!! Fix this please!!!
    ok so i did a chat with support at palm. all that did was make more work for me. he had me do a partial reset. didnt do anything. best part was he told me not to look at the forums ( guess he didnt want me to find out it was a real problem). i used the work around and it worked for me. the thing that ****es me off the most is they wont just admit they have a problem. i could at least relax and know its not just me and they are working on it, instead i have to rely on the community to find out the truth. thankfully i can do that! i am shopping e bay for a droid. my girl has one with tmobile and has no problems at all!!!
    Tried each of the ways suggested above and on other chats. None worked. Finally removed my Exchange email account completely and the calendar came up as normal. I am adding the Exchange email account back now. Calendar still working properly.
    I am having a problem clearly related to my EAS account.
    But mine seems to be a bit more severe.

When I have a EAS account linked my phone constantly loses connection, is supper laggy and drains battery really fast.
    It's seems like Java is crashing and rebooting constantly.

When I go into email setting I get all kinds of weird anomalies (options not showing up, options showing up more than once).

Then it takes me like 10-15 time of trying to remove the account before it lets me.

Then the phone is fine.

I NEED my EAS account.
    WHAT IS GOING ON!!!! Its bad enough the Pre does this with my contacts! NOW ALL 4 of my calendars are gone and it NOT SYNCING!

Can ANTONE tell me how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsjon View Post
    Not clear if you reset your date and turned off Network time?

For me, the work around from kallan42 fixed things, until I reset the phone again to put it in DEV mode to try and put my favorite patches back on. Network time off, Date set to current (1/2/10), after reset the Calendar was blank again. I installed my patches, reset the phone, turned off DEV mode (which reset it again), checked Calendar and it was still blank. Then I reset date to 12/2/09 (Network Time off), checked Calendar and everything was back, reset date to 1/2/10 and Calendar is still okay.

It seems with each reset, I have to go back and reverse the date for a moment to get the Calendar back, then reset date to current and all is okay.
    It WORKED!!!! I didn't have to change the dates.
    This better stick!
    Also google contacts don't sync.
    Kallan42's fix worked great. I too spent a frustrating couple of hours on the phone with Sprint then Palm trying to fix the 2010 EAS Calendar Sync bug -- only to find this very simple work around today. Great community support here -- thanks everyone!

I hope Palm puts more emphasis on making the Pre a better business platform. The hardware, which is elegant and powerful, does not have adequate software. I don't need a umpteenth tip calculator, twitter interface or solitare game. If you use this as a critical business tool, as I do, we need:

- This calendar bug fixed;
    - The ability to schedule meetings with others in the calendar;
    - An advanced calculator that can do the stuff I had on my Handspring/Treo/Centro;
    - A spreadsheet.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Thanks. This thread helped me a lot.

We need full device crypto too. More enterprises are reviewing handset/smartphone policies in the new year (it's a big topic in the IT security space at the moment). A lot of enterprises are starting to stipulate crypto in the EAS security policy and it would prevent any Pre from synchronizing to that Exchange server.

Of the ~27 EAS security bits that can be supported, Palm and Android are pretty even, but Google is working on device crypto and the 3GS already has it...
    Thanks everyone. Hadn't checked it in a couple of days. Away for holiday. Didn't have to get ****ed off like the rest of you because all of you saved me the grief. Now downloading 1.3.5 after I went to wifi. My weekend house doesn't get great service but wifi got it.

Thanks for not ruing my New Year.
    Whew --- glad I found THIS discussion. I was about to call Sprint --- definitely NOT one onf my favorite things to do.

I too lost all my Exchange calendar data --- thought I had a really easy week coming up. The problem is I'm heading out to CES on Tuesday and I have about a million appointments!!

Anyway, I turned off "Network Time", set the date back, and viola' --- I'm back in business. Gulped hard and set the year forward to 2010 and my appt's are still with us --- so far. I'll leave "Network Time" off and avoid turning the phone off.

Hell of fix, huh? I think we deserve better. Here's hoping Palm pushes out a correction real soon.

gll:
    For those that are not being resolved by the workaround please PM me if you are interested in assisting Palm by providing log files from the device so we can diagnose this issue further.

The workaround is as follows

1. Turn off network time
    2. Change the date to anytime in the previous year (e.g. December 31, 2009)
    3. Verify your calendar is there
    4. Turn on network time
    5. Confirm date changes to correct date and time

Once again if the above workaround does NOT work and resolve your issue than please PM me if you would be interested in assisting Palm by providing a log file from the device.

Thank you for your patience and consideration during this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast