1. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I have noticed that I don't get a pop-up message about sending a read receipt back to the sender when they require one. It seems that the Pre automatically sends one.

Has anyone else noticed this or did I miss something somewhere?

Running 1.3.5.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Same here...I have never received a notice about read receipts from the Exchange server on the Pre, regardless of the WebOS version. Did you used to get the notifications before 1.3.5?
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Not that I recall. Kinda bugs me because my old Windows phone did. I just like being in control of my privacy and not knowing if the damn thing is sending them automatically or not scares me a little.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I completely agree. I didn't realize this "bug" until several months after getting my Pre. I was very annoyed. I hope they address this in the near future.
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Just a friendly bump for this thread. I was hoping v1.4 might take care of this but did not. I have made the suggestion on Palm's website, several times.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Wow! I had no idea that this happens. I, too, want the option to opting out of "Send Receipts."
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Need to submit a patch request I guess?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I dunno, I did a quick Google search and it looks like both the iPhone and WinMo 6 send read receipts without asking as well. It might be an EAS "feature"?