1.    #1  
    Ok, let's start from page one...

For a long while, my phone was stuck on webos version 1.2.1. When I say stuck, I mean if I went to the update icon, it would search for updates but never find anything. Just perpetually search and never time out. I even tried over wifi and it never found it. It was never a huge bother so I didnt worry about doing a manual update, but after 1.3.5 came out the other day I decided to just go for it. Moving on to the issue...

Because it was "stuck", I decided to just do a webOS Doctor and wipe it clean to update. I downloaded 1.3.1 (I didnt see 1.3.5 yet) and proceeded to wipe the phone. I came back and logged in to my palm profile like it was a fresh start. And that's when the problem became apparent. I shouldnt need to repeat it, but in case you missed the title...ALL OF MY CONTACTS WERE GONE! All that remained were the sprint customer service numbers that were preloaded.

I had done a wipe with WebOS Doctor before back in 1.2.1 or something, after a botched root attempt. I distinctly remember this not being a problem, everything came back flawlessly (this was the first time I was really impressed with synergy, never having to worry about losing contacts was great).

I know I'm not the only person that had this problem after one of the recent 1.3.x updates, but did anyone actually find a fix? Laughably, the Palm support page for "Data missing after a restored palm profile" found at the support page for profile issues redirects straight back to the main palm support page (in some cases the German page, lol).

I havent given this a full 24 hours yet but I remember it taking some time before ALL contacts came back, but so far I have seen nothing. So the question remains... Anyone have any ideas on how I can force a re-sync or am I just SOL here? I'll be getting a DROID awfully fast if Palm dropped the ball on their flagship feature...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I suppose it's safe to assume you are not using Google contacts?
  3.    #3  
    That is safe to assume... Palm Profile was my primary, and I assumed it was just as secure as anything else and not going anywhere.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    its water under the bridge now, but backup w/google contacts...my palm profile has messed up a few times, but google always brought the contacts back.
  5.    #5  
    Hm... this may not end well, we'll see... thanks...
    Have you tried this solution?

Try these steps in order. Stop when the problem is solved.

To restore Palm profile information to your phone after a software update, you must sign in to your existing Palm profile. If you created a new Palm profile, restart your phone and sign in to your original Palm profile (see Restarting and resetting your phone ).
    An automatic backup to your Palm profile information happens every day. This includes information from your Palm profile account in Contacts and Calendar, as well as your tasks and memos. If you turn off the backup feature, any currently backed-up information from these applications is deleted from the Palm profile online—so after a software update, this information is not restored to your phone..
    Palm strongly recommends that you leave backup on. If you have turned backup off, to turn it back on, open Backup . If Off is displayed at the top of the screen, tap Off to turn backup on.

RESETING AND RESTARING

Back up the data stored on your phone’s USB drive.

Open Device Info .
    Tap Reset Options.
    Do one of the following:
    Tap Partial Erase twice to delete all personal information, such as events, contacts, and tasks, as well as applications you have added, such as third-party software. (A partial erase does not affect the USB drive.)
    Tap Full Erase twice to erase everything deleted by a partial erase, plus everything stored on the USB drive (photos, videos, music, documents, ringtones, and so on.)

To restore Palm profile data after a partial or full erase, follow the onscreen prompts to enter the Palm profile email address and password. DO NOT create a new profile.

This restores personal information like contacts, calendar events, and tasks, as well as apps bought through App Catalog. Sync account info (Google and/or EAS) is also restored to the phone.

Good luck!
    Have you tried this solution?

Try these steps in order. Stop when the problem is solved.

To restore Palm profile information to your phone after a software update, you must sign in to your existing Palm profile. If you created a new Palm profile, restart your phone and sign in to your original Palm profile (see Restarting and resetting your phone ).
    An automatic backup to your Palm profile information happens every day. This includes information from your Palm profile account in Contacts and Calendar, as well as your tasks and memos. If you turn off the backup feature, any currently backed-up information from these applications is deleted from the Palm profile online—so after a software update, this information is not restored to your phone..
    Palm strongly recommends that you leave backup on. If you have turned backup off, to turn it back on, open Backup . If Off is displayed at the top of the screen, tap Off to turn backup on.

RESETING AND RESTARING

Back up the data stored on your phone’s USB drive.

Open Device Info .
    Tap Reset Options.
    Do one of the following:
    Tap Partial Erase twice to delete all personal information, such as events, contacts, and tasks, as well as applications you have added, such as third-party software. (A partial erase does not affect the USB drive.)
    Tap Full Erase twice to erase everything deleted by a partial erase, plus everything stored on the USB drive (photos, videos, music, documents, ringtones, and so on.)

To restore Palm profile data after a partial or full erase, follow the onscreen prompts to enter the Palm profile email address and password. DO NOT create a new profile.

This restores personal information like contacts, calendar events, and tasks, as well as apps bought through App Catalog. Sync account info (Google and/or EAS) is also restored to the phone.

Good luck!