Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    hey need some help i ran a partial erase now i'm trying to sync everything back i have 163 contacts in Google but only 115 are syncing back to my pre. anyone else have this problem any solutions
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Check to see if any of the contacts were merged together by mistake. I thought that it wasn't syncing my cousins info from Google but finally figured out it was combining her info with her sons info. My guess is because they share the same address and phone number any way once I figured out what was going on I just unlinked the two profiles from each other.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I just wish Palm would make the contacts fully compatible with the full gmail format. A few fields, like birthday, don't synch between them...
    yea I had the same exact problem.

and none of the added contacts were merged on the PRE, so I have no idea what the solution is....I already had a thread with same issue.

I just manually re-added all the missing contacts.
    dudes! same issue here...

i wonder if we can create a new group in gmail and sync that over
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    All of my contacts are synced. but none of them have numbers or any other details, I cannot edit or delete the contacts...
    I would suggest logging on to www.gmail.com and exporting all the contacts first (so at least you have a hard copy)

I am in the process to erasing all contacts from gmail, then importing them again, lets see if the palm picks it up after a fresh import starting from scratch
    Since the Palm Profile fiasco after update 1.3.1 I set Google as default account for the contacts on the Pre. In Google contacts in Gmail I put the contacts I wanted on the Pre in"My Contacts" in Gmail. So far it works great, no mysterious additions or deletions of contacts. It seem like Palm Profile and Google contacts don't play well together,yet. Hope this helps.
    worked for me - exported ALL gmail out to a csv file... then delete all contacts from gmail.

remove gmail account from palm pre, then import csv file back on google.com

all my contacts are back in order
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Why don't my Pre contacts move over to Gmail. None of my Gmail contacts have phone numbers or anything. It seems like my Gmail contacts are in my Pre but my Pre contacts are not in my Gmail.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    i still don't know what the problem is I webos doctored back to 1.2.x then updated to 1.3.5
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    so I still don't know what the problem is. I opened a ticket with Palm. I did get a workaround.... I exported my contacts from my google acct deleted that google acct imported my contacts into a different google acct and added that one to the contacts app. Everything sync'd fine then.
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    How can I import all of my Pre contacts into Gmail?

Is it then possible to just have the two always sync themselves and stay identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    worked for me - exported ALL gmail out to a csv file... then delete all contacts from gmail.

remove gmail account from palm pre, then import csv file back on google.com

all my contacts are back in order
    I just tried this exact same thing with no luck. I guess I'll try to make a second gmail account and import all my contacts to it.
    The original email account was only syncing 150 of 294. Tried the second gmail account and it didn't work either. It only synced 22 of the 294 contacs. I doctored it back to 1.3.2 and then updated it to 1.3.5 and it now works great. With the original Gmail account. I was chatting with Palm for 3 hrs last night trying to get this solved. They concluded that the update didn't install correctly the first time.
    Make sure the contacts are in your "My Contacts", as those are the only ones synced since 1.3.1.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Ok I have figured out the problem you have a duplicate contact some where I found mine in calendar. so check email calendar msgr and contacts. hope that helped everyone
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I am still not following this.

My goal is to make Gmail be my master list of contacts.

I don't know how to move my Pre contacts to Gmail. I also don't know how to move my Gmail contacts to the Pre.

The on going problem that I foresee is how do I keep them synced? The reason I see this as a problem is because when I currently enter a contact on my Pre it does not show up in Gmail. Also when I enter a contact in Gmail it does not show up on my Pre.

I have searched many times but I can't find my answer. Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post

I don't know how to move my Pre contacts to Gmail. I also don't know how to move my Gmail contacts to the Pre.

The on going problem that I foresee is how do I keep them synced? The reason I see this as a problem is because when I currently enter a contact on my Pre it does not show up in Gmail. Also when I enter a contact in Gmail it does not show up on my Pre.

Make sure gmail is your default account and after you add a contact be sure to sync them. as far as how to move them over i think there is an option somewhere, but sorry i don't know the answer to that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post

There is no way to move the contacts over at this time. Currently your only option is to recreate the entries in Google then delete them from the Palm profile if you no longer wish for them to be there.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast