1.    #1  
    So I got a replacement Pre, and when I got the new one and logged into my Palm Profile everything was good, it got all my contacts. I also sync with Google just in case. So after a hour or so, I look in my phone and all contacts have two to one name and one of them is empty and will not let me delete it. Any fixes or ideas for this?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  2.    #2  
    Any ideas? I still haven't found a fix.. I ended up deleting all my profiles and still had the list of contacts but they were all empty, and it would kick me out of them so I couldn't delete them. So basically it's all the names in there with no contents. How do I erase these?
    Last edited by splmonster; 12/29/2009 at 06:54 PM.

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, but they are not duplicates, they are all from my Palm profile, EVERY single one of my contacts is like this... Im about to take my Pre to the doctor. Let me know if you find a fix.
  4.    #4  
    Well my Palm Profile says 0 contacts because I use Google as my sync for contacts. So i'm either going to do a partial or full erase. I'm awaiting someone to tell me what the best solution may be.

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    im about to try a full erase. Ive doctored back to 1.3.1, and upgraded to 1.3.5 and i keep getting the same problem.
    check IM, email, contacts and calender for a duplicate email sync. My contacts would not load due to a duplicate gmail sync in my calender. Needless to say I deleted all instances in all apps of that acct. Re-added to email and that fixed everything minus the settings. But all other apps were synced @ the same time. Hope that helps
    I had the same thing happen. I think I tried things "backwards". Did a partial erase, no joy. Full erase, same thing. Then it occurred to me, disabled (and erased) backups, and then when I re-doctored, all was OK.
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think had I done that first, it would have worked.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I had the same thing happen. I think I tried things "backwards". Did a partial erase, no joy. Full erase, same thing. Then it occurred to me, disabled (and erased) backups, and then when I re-doctored, all was OK.
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think had I done that first, it would have worked.
    So without the backup what about my purchased apps? So turn off backup then full erase?

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  9.    #9  
    ?

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    It seems there is a problem with Google Syncing with the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    So without the backup what about my purchased apps? So turn off backup then full erase?
    Purchased apps will be lost on the device, but you get to download them for free again.
  12.    #12  
    Purchased apps will be lost on the device, but you get to download them for free again.
    Your 100% positive? So do they just keep that info in the app catalog profile for me? So if I delete my palm backup, doctor and start fresh. I should be able to go back to the app catalog and download my paid apps free? I'm just paranoid to lose them ya know?

I just spoke to Palm Care, and they told me I have to turn backup off and do a partial erase to fix my problem. In turn I won't be able to download my paid apps again for free. That's what they said.
    Last edited by splmonster; 12/30/2009 at 05:12 PM.

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Your 100% positive? So do they just keep that info in the app catalog profile for me? So if I delete my palm backup, doctor and start fresh. I should be able to go back to the app catalog and download my paid apps free? I'm just paranoid to lose them ya know?

I just spoke to Palm Care, and they told me I have to turn backup off and do a partial erase to fix my problem. In turn I won't be able to download my paid apps again for free. That's what they said.
    I can't tell you that I'll get my four daughter's names right with 100% accuracy, but I'm pretty sure you'll get your apps back. (BTW, unless you get at least 2nd level support, Palm help isn't very good).

Here's the process I went through last night (until about 3AM this morning):

• Duplicate contacts Noticed that virtually all of my contacts were duplicated. This was after I had other problems, and doctored my Pre.
    • Couldn't open/delete the the dupes I noticed that on each of the duplicats, one could be opened, the other could not be opened or deleted.
    • Eliminated accounts to troubleshoot One by one, I deleted accounts off the Pre (not contacts, accounts, my home LinkedIn account, then Facebook, my home Exchange account, my Gmail account, finally my domain Google). After each one, the undeletable/unopenable contacts (UUCs for short from now on) remained. All that was left was my Palm Account, the 270 UUCs that showed up. Interestingly, my Palm Account claimed to have 0 accounts, but there they were, totally unuseable, undeletable, and unopenable (UUUCs ??).
    • Did a Partial erase. All of my HomeBrew apps disappeared, and my photos music etc (all of that stuff was backed up). UUCs remained.
    • Did a full erase. UUCs remained.
    • Had an ephiphany. I turned off my backups (which deletes the existing backup), and doctored again
    • Rebuilt. I doctored to 1.2.1. when prompted, I used my existing email address and password for my profile. It installed fine. I then updated to 1.3.5, and then installed Preware.
    • Downloaded paid apps (or at least those I could remember). All of my paid apps were gone off my device, but I was able to download all of them for free. I think I may have forgotten a couple, and haven't seen anything that tells me what I've paid for, so I would recommend making note of what you've got.
    • Used my Pre. Been playing with it like a happy camper all day.
    • Re-Rooted I was a bit tired by 3am, but got root access to the Linux side again today inbetween troubleshooting a stubborn server at work.

No promises, and your mileage may vary. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but good luck, and check your PMs if you have any questions.
    Just noticed this last part. I'd probably try that before doctoring, but I think they're wrong about downloading the paid apps. In the above mentioned process, the system even remembered my credit card information!!
  15.    #15  
    I just did a partial erase with backup on and i'm fixed. All good now!!!

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    I just did a partial erase with backup on and i'm fixed. All good now!!!
    Good deal. Always try the least damaging options first. Don't pay attention to what the tech geeks do, we always do more work than we need to.
  17.    #17  
    Good deal. Always try the least damaging options first. Don't pay attention to what the tech geeks do, we always do more work than we need to.
    Yeah I think it worked for me because my Palm Profile has 0 contacts in it. One bad thing after the partial erase is all my app icons were there with a caution sign. I just had to redownload them, but I was scared at first tho haha.

IRC chat
    #webos-internals