Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is anyone still having issues with their EAS email?
    Thank you!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    For those having this problem, are you connecting to Exchange 2003 or 2007? My Pre is synching against 2007, and I have not observed any calendar abnormalities so far...outside of the calendar icon still showing "1" on January 2nd.....
    Yes. I WEBOS Doctored back to 1.3.1, and that solved the problem, but it automatically downloaded and installed 1.3.5 again when I was sleeping. The problem is still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    YES. It does not work after 1.3.5 at ALL. Its PATHETIC that Palm cannot fix this problem right away.
    Carter Patterson
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for the workaround. I am again, disappointed with how poorly Palm has screwed up yet another update. Especially with something that's this important (EAS sync of calendars). I feel like they've released an alpha version of the OS. What's next?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Global X View Post
    This is what I found on several threads, and it definitely worked for my EAS calendar:

1. Go to Date & Time and turn off Network time.
    2. Change the Date to Jan 2 2009 (just change the year)
    3. Launch calendar. Your entries should now be visible
    4. Change the Date to the correct date - Jan 2 2010
    5. Launch calendar again to verify that entries are still showing up
    6. Switch network time back on
    7. When "Waiting for Network" appear, switch to airplane mode
    8. Turn airplane mode off, and network time should connect
    9. Launch calendar again and it should be all good

Note that if you need to turn off your Pre, you will need to do this all over again.

Good luck!
    Wow....that's pretty f'd up, but your steps got mine up and running. I think I'll just leave it off "network time" for now.

I appreciate you doing the legwork.

bj
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I would love to post there except some stupid mod locked the thread and forwarded to two threads, neither of which have to do with the whole "not able to add exchange email accounts" issue that started the darn thread. I hate to be the type to reply to the wrong topic so I don't want to post my email issue in the two linked calendar threads.

It upsets me to no end that I can't get my exchange email working and you are the only one from Palm I've heard even acknowledge that it is an issue and we haven't heard any updates on when a possible fix may come. I work at an accounting firm and we just started tax season hours and our business is about to pick up big time and if Palm fails me right now I may be forced to switch back to my old blackberry because I must have my email on my phone and it can't be forwarded to a third party, it's part of my job requirement. I'm sure there are tons of others in the exact same boat as me. This is borderline unacceptable. The day of the 1.3.5 update I can understand but leaving many users in the dark for this long is really testing my patience.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeta View Post
    I would love to post there except some stupid mod locked the thread and forwarded to two threads, neither of which have to do with the whole "not able to add exchange email accounts" issue that started the darn thread. I hate to be the type to reply to the wrong topic so I don't want to post my email issue in the two linked calendar threads.

It upsets me to no end that I can't get my exchange email working and you are the only one from Palm I've heard even acknowledge that it is an issue and we haven't heard any updates on when a possible fix may come. I work at an accounting firm and we just started tax season hours and our business is about to pick up big time and if Palm fails me right now I may be forced to switch back to my old blackberry because I must have my email on my phone and it can't be forwarded to a third party, it's part of my job requirement. I'm sure there are tons of others in the exact same boat as me. This is borderline unacceptable. The day of the 1.3.5 update I can understand but leaving many users in the dark for this long is really testing my patience.

Totally agree. Seemed like the thread got split two ways and neither dealt with the Validation issue.

Wish i had eas back.
    Shortly after my rant the thread was reopened(not saying the two are related). You can now post your case there.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I'm actually having a different problem, though I don't know if it's unique to my environment. With a few of my e-mails with EAS the message body will not download and show when I open the message (in the Inbox list screen, there is a header but the first line of the body appears blank). This behavior seems to be very random in that the message body downloads fine most of the time, but fails sometimes. In previous versions, I could back out of the message and re-open the message and the body would eventually show up.

It reminds me of a problem I have with Palm's facebook app and photos. Sometimes, photos do not download and when it fails, there does not seem to be a way to refresh it to get the content to reload.
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post
    I'm actually having a different problem...
    I don't mean to sound rude, but please create another topic if you have another issue. This thread has already derailed into different issues a couple of times. This one is specifically for EAS dying after 1.3.5. I just don't want to cause confusion of issues.
  13.    #33  
    1.3.5.1 update did not help this issue.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    So far it appears that 1.3.5.1 worked in fixing the calendat EAS issue. Maybe I'm a little hard on Palm but it seems like they responded quickly this time. It's just....
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkspnt View Post
    1.3.5.1 update did not help this issue.
    The same result for me. Who cares if you can see the calendar entries if you can't sync to get entries there in the first place??
  16.    #36  
    would of thought that no EAS would be a priority. Lets hope that a fix will follow!!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i would love to have the calender issue fixed but unfortunately i can't even get my exchange to be seen by my pre to see if there is a calender issue!!!!!!

Lets fix this issue now
    Err... P|C has how many users on it...several thousand and yet there's like 5-6 10-15 people complaining of this issue... The Calendar issue was wide all EAS users were affected. Here, not so. I have my Pre connected to exchange 2003 through EAS and no problems.

It's worth noting that I had this error back when I first got my pre and had to setup EAS manually cause the "auto detection" did not work correctly. I'm going to go with settings on this one versus Palm for how low the impact rate on this is.

I don't see where any have tried manual configuration of their Exchange setup. (I really don't feel like removing my Exchange to walk through it again) But I will tell you I had to stop using the mail server directly and use "webmail.xxxxx.com" and this worked and has worked flawlessly. (now issues since July and I'm patched to hell too )

For my other hosted email account, there was a DNS type issue where I had to use the IP address of the mail server for it to connect.

One thing that will surely reveal the truth. Try connecting to your work email through Thunderbird or GMail's "Accounts" page and what settings work there are the same ones that will work on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Err... P|C has how many users on it...several thousand and yet there's like 5-6 10-15 people complaining of this issue... The Calendar issue was wide all EAS users were affected. Here, not so. I have my Pre connected to exchange 2003 through EAS and no problems.

It's worth noting that I had this error back when I first got my pre and had to setup EAS manually cause the "auto detection" did not work correctly. I'm going to go with settings on this one versus Palm for how low the impact rate on this is.

I don't see where any have tried manual configuration of their Exchange setup. (I really don't feel like removing my Exchange to walk through it again) But I will tell you I had to stop using the mail server directly and use "webmail.xxxxx.com" and this worked and has worked flawlessly. (now issues since July and I'm patched to hell too )

For my other hosted email account, there was a DNS type issue where I had to use the IP address of the mail server for it to connect.

One thing that will surely reveal the truth. Try connecting to your work email through Thunderbird or GMail's "Accounts" page and what settings work there are the same ones that will work on the Pre.
    Actually... I spoke w/Palm rep yesterday and was told that this is a widespread issue.
    @cobrakon:

I know you are trying to be helpful, but you are not really. My settings are identical to how they were 1.3.5 and they don't work. I tried every possible combination of domain and server address. Of course I manually configured it. If WebOS fails to connect automatically it prompts you to manually configure it. I'm quite certain every user here has manually configured it. My email settings work fine for our Android and WinMo users. The issue is not our servers, at least not something that should be an issue(of course when you consider all Pre's are basically identical, all running an identical OS there must be something that WebOS doesn't like about our Exchange servers, but the issue is WebOS, not the servers). It would, however, be good to know what version of exchange you are using(service pack and version number) as that might lead to some clues as to how ours differs.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast