Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm trying to sync my gmail account to my Pre. My Pre states that the setup was successful and sync was completed. But when I have settings to "Push" to receive email, it doesn't get any emails whatsoever. And when I try to send the email, it says that it can't find the account number ############# then gives me another error a split second later saying Error: Cannot find the account.

Anybody know what's going on here?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Here's a photo of the error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pKevin View Post
    I'm trying to sync my gmail account to my Pre. My Pre states that the setup was successful and sync was completed. But when I have settings to "Push" to receive email, it doesn't get any emails whatsoever. And when I try to send the email, it says that it can't find the account number ############# then gives me another error a split second later saying Error: Cannot find the account.

Anybody know what's going on here?
    Im having the same issue. 1.2.1 checks my email just fine but when i update to 1.3.1 i get the same error msg your getting. If i check my email i get the yellow exclamation mark error icon.. Can anyone give a hand?
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Im having the same issue. 1.2.1 checks my email just fine but when i update to 1.3.1 i get the same error msg your getting. If i check my email i get the yellow exclamation mark error icon.. Can anyone give a hand?
    I'm having issue with mail not being pushed. When I try to refresh, I get the Yellow Exclamation Mark as well. I've had the Pre since June but recently used the WebOS doctor which happened at a similar time.

I'm surprised no on else has reported this issue?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I'm having issue with mail not being pushed. When I try to refresh, I get the Yellow Exclamation Mark as well. I've had the Pre since June but recently used the WebOS doctor which happened at a similar time.

I'm surprised no on else has reported this issue?
    Do you have a work around? Im using 1.2.1 now its been the only thing that works for me.. And i had my pre replaced thinking it was my phone and the same results on my new pre..
    Well.. I webdr'd to 1.3.1. Then i updated to 1.3.5 using a bogus palm profile. After the update i did a partial erase then entered my main palm profile info and everything works fine with the email now.. Hope this will help!
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Well.. I webdr'd to 1.3.1. Then i updated to 1.3.5 using a bogus palm profile. After the update i did a partial erase then entered my main palm profile info and everything works fine with the email now.. Hope this will help!
    Hi, Everyone.

If I had to guess, I would say it's an IMAP problem. I've never used IMAP before for Gmail, but when I looked at my settings for Gmail now, it says it's using IMAP. This, as far as I can see, is the least reliable way of using Gmail. I'm going to try and see if I can coax it into using POP3 instead.
    Well, that was a big waste. Apparently, you can't choose anything but IMAP as the protocol! ***?! Not good...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I had an issue with my gmail on the pre that was fixed by going to the google captcha site and re-entering my login info with the captcha and it suddenly worked again. I can't post links because I'm not cool enough yet, but just go to google and search for gmail account captcha and follow the link. YMMV.