webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Chapura: Does it really Sync Pre to Outlook and Outlook to Pre
Chapura: Does it really Sync Pre to Outlook and Outlook to Pre

Old 12/23/2009, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
mea

Hi All,

So with Chapura, can I really sync contacts between the Pre Contacts and Outlook Contacts? Meaning, if I create a contact on my Pre, will it sync to Outloook? And if I create a contact in Outlook, will it syn to my Pre? I had asked this question to Chapura software support and they said no. I feel exposed (LOL) in that right now I feel I do not have a good way to back up my contacts. Additionally, over time, it is easier to do lots of updates to Calendar Contacts in Outlook where you can use a large keyboard then it is to make edits on the Pre. LOL, sometimes I am lazy and do not make changes like where are people working until after 10 or so of my friends start something new.

Cheers,
Michael
mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2009, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

yes, yes, yes
conum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2009, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

@mea: Chapura does a two-way sync. So if you add or update a contact on either side, then it adds or updates the other side when you sync. It does only work in their "Outlook" account though. Things in the "Palm" account do not sync.
Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2009, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
mea

hi all, awesome, i downloaded PocketMirror and yes, it works.
mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

I downloaded Pocketmirror and no, it doesn't work!
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes, it does. If you can't get it send an enail, they very responsive
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2012, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Didn't quite know what to do with passwords etc. Response from Chapura same evening - very impressed and now it IS working.
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2012, 05:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hello:
Whilst moving from my Pre Plus to a (new) Pre2 I noticed that Chapura has closed their business. Unfortunately one of the best - or maybe the best - solution for synchronizing a local Outlook. The Chapura support was first class. Very quick and helpful answers.
Bye and thank you Chapura (although I am still using PocketMirror).
ingolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingolf View Post
Hello:
Whilst moving from my Pre Plus to a (new) Pre2 I noticed that Chapura has closed their business. Unfortunately one of the best - or maybe the best - solution for synchronizing a local Outlook. The Chapura support was first class. Very quick and helpful answers.
Bye and thank you Chapura (although I am still using PocketMirror).
Agreed! Chapura has provided great products and attentive service. It is sad to see them go.

If you are running webOS 2xx, you will need to upgrade to PocketMirror 4.0.6. By using WebOS Quick Install you can install the IPK file available at:
http://download.chapura.com/ipk/com...._4.0.6_all.ipk
RRaburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2013, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

I still use PocketMirror everyday to sync. What's going to happen after July 2014, when Chapura closes? Will my sync capability cease?
mypalmpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2013, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
I still use PocketMirror everyday to sync. What's going to happen after July 2014, when Chapura closes? Will my sync capability cease?
I wasn't aware of this company closing.

I'm surprised that after 15 years they have closed. I believe they also made sync conduits for windows devices, but perhaps rather than the decline of webOS & Palm Inc., perhaps it was the overall move to the cloud rather than using local sync that caused them to cease trading.

In the light of recent disclosures about data mining by major technology companies, perhaps there may be more interest in personal cloud systems and local sync.

If there is no continuing market for Chapura, perhaps they will be interested in open-sourcing their code.

Last edited by Preemptive; 10/25/2013 at 04:30 PM.
Preemptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2014, 04:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hi there,

has someone the chance to contact Chapura?
I tried with the known support-Email, but i've got a mail delivery failure.

It might be possible for the team of Chapura, to disable the email/license-verification before syncing.

if they disable syncing in july i have to switch to another platform (windows, blackberry) - but i want to continue with my pre3.

i hope somebody can help - i think there are a lot of people using pocketmirror with webOS

thanks
Northface#WN is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0