Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    As I'm about to complete the last step in my move from an iPhone to my GSM Pre, I've searched and looked at various packages to sync Outlook 2003 on PC directly i.e. not via Exchange.

I expect to pay and would appreciate recommendations and criticisms of what's available.

Thanks
    I use GSync, it works well and only $15. It syncs Outlook with Gmail and then back to Pre, works for Contacts, Calendar, etc. For a while seemed like an update everyday after 1.3.1 was released, but haven't had an update for a couple of weeks, I guess that's good news.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I use GSync, it works well and only $15. It syncs Outlook with Gmail and then back to Pre, works for Contacts, Calendar, etc. For a while seemed like an update everyday after 1.3.1 was released, but haven't had an update for a couple of weeks, I guess that's good news.
    Thank you.

If I enter a new contact or date on the Pre will it find its way to Outlook 2003 via GMail?
    I use and love PocketMirror. Works great and it does it wirelessly.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Thank you too.

Can this be configured to operate from a remote Wifi location too?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Thanks I've purchased it (I hope you meant GSyncit) and it's working perfectly.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Pocket Mirror. The Missing Sync is alright, just overpriced.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Also using Pocket Mirror with no problems. I don't like the approaches that go through Google; if I wanted to give them that much personal information, I would have gotten an Android phone.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    if I wanted to give them that much personal information, I would have gotten an Android phone.
    That's an interesting comment i.e. privacy aside, would you have preferred an Android phone to the Pre?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    +1 for Pocket Mirror. It's dependable and the new memos and tasks tools work great.

No, you can't configure it for a remote sync - the phone and the computer have to be on the same wifi network (this is by design - remote syncs require your data to pass through a server, as per Chapura, the makers of Pocket Mirror).
    are you still happy, mine still working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by darrylp View Post
    Thanks I've purchased it (I hope you meant GSyncit) and it's working perfectly.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    are you still happy, mine still working fine.
    Yes but unless apps become available soon (ie March) I'm going to change.
    I would also totally recommend Pocket Mirror. Works flawless for me. It's not cheap, but sync is easy and the included apps are much better then the standard PrPrPré $apps$.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Another +1 for PocketMirror
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    PocketMirror, and I love doing it wirelessly, Missing Sync you need to hookup with the USB cable.

PocketMirror fix the Note and Task apps, by creating there own version, that supports more than the NOTE app that came with the Pre.

You can't go wrong.

However, if you are interested in Music files, then look at Missing Sync.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I'm currently trying CompanionLink for Google as this syncs with wifi or via GSM from anywhere.