1.    #1  
    I have upgraded a client's MacBook to OS 10.6.2 (from 10.5.8, since 10.5.8 wouldn't give me a sync checkbox for Google in Address Book no matter what I tried, even a hack). Got the checkbox after the upgrade and successfully set up the account (yay!)

Went into iCal prefs to set up Google calendar sync. I got to the second page, "Calendar Server Options" and entered the data required, and I got the message, "The account information was not found. The resource specified by '/calendar/dav/user@gmail.com/user/' could not be found on the server."

Where the above says "user@gmail.com", the actual message has the user's email address.

This is all set up properly on MY MacBook, and the only difference I can find is in the Port field. My MacBook shows the word "auto" in the field. On the other MacBook, the field is blank.

The settings are:

Account Template - Google
    User name - the user's gmail account address
    Password - the user's password
    Server address - Google
    Server path - /calendar/dav/username@gmail.com/user/
    Port - blank
    Use SSL - checked
    Use Kerberos v5 for authentication - not checked.

On the previous page, the settings are:

Account type - automatic (when I set it to "Google", it doesn't go to the next step. Is THIS where the problem is?"
    Email address - my client's gmail address
    Password - her password

If I set the Account type to "Google", I get "No CalDAV server was found at the specified address."

Where do I go from here?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Best thing to do is google this...i kno i ran into issues when i upgraded to a 64 bit OS, but i am a windows user. Sorry i don't have much help here
    Sprint Palm Pre-