1.    #1  
    What is the best calender for pre?
    Use the search feature. I think calendar and the Pre have been discussed endlessly.

ET
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    thats how I got to this thread, looked at many others, still haven't found a good answer to calender on pre. Built in one is not good. Don't care for google either. Like windows live on msn, but can't transfer it to webos. Still trying. yahoo is next attempt unless I can find someone that has a good suggestion.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    google calendar works very well
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Use Google Calendar with multiple calendars to emulate categories (make sure to set the time zone in the child calendars).

You should also have these three wonderful apps - Agenda (available here), Quick Event (available here), and Google Calendar (search utility) in the App Catalog (originated in Homebrew, here). These will make using the Pre's lackadaisical calendar a lot more pleasant...

Please consider donating to the authors if you find them useful (and can afford it at this time of year ).

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceXXX View Post
    What is the best calender for pre?
    Unfortunately, you have to use a web based calendar. The pre stock calendar is worthless. I reluctantly use google. Sign up to google or yahoo etc, open the browser and create a shortcut and put in on the launcher bar.

To be fair using the browser to access google calendar on the pre is not bad. its actually quite good. Its easier to change existing appts because there isnt the silly scrolling calendar. There is also is an agenda view and the ability for quick entry ie. lunch 11/2 1pm-2pm @ rallys. The speed of the calendar is also very fast. The downside of course is you need an internet connection.
    I am only 1 week into WebOS coming from WM. The calendar for WM was TERRIBLE. I actually thought the WebOS one was not bad, but have not used it much.

What is so bad about the stock one anyways? Its really responsive and does what I need it to.
    Last edited by gianthobbit; 12/21/2009 at 11:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    I am only 1 week into WebOS coming from WM. The calendar for WM was TERRIBLE. I actually thought the WebOS one was not bad, but have not used it much.

What is so bad about the stock one anyways? Its really responsive and does what I need it to.
    This is really a subjective argument. I think it works great, but I also don't use it to manage every detail of my life. Someone who uses calendars extensively would probably have issues as it seems to lag if your managing a large number of events.

+1 on Agenda, I downloaded it from Preware a few hours ago and it seems to be pretty nice. I put it in the quick launch bar. It would be lovely if palm merged Agenda into the calendar.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Before my Pre I used Outlook because it Synced with my WM Moto Q and many other handhelds before that. Problem with WebOS is that you have to pay to sync with your outlook on your PC so I exported everything over to google calendar and use that exclusively now! Works pretty good. Even added an event that I was invited to from Facebook (just clicked the Export event link in FB, opened my google calendar on my PC and imported it, within min it was on my Pre) Pretty slick!

I also believe that Yahoo Calendar works decent. I used that for awhile and it seemed fine but since 1.3.1 came out my Yahoo accounts have been going haywire so I made sure all that info was in my google calendar and just use google.

the calendar app on the Pre is very sluggish and somewhat annoying but some of the functions are pretty cool, Even like using "flixter" it will add a movie and time and the info right to your calendar, you can also use the sportscalendar to add your fav team (one is free).

you can also go to some websites and import csv files to your google calendar to do the same thing for free.
    Question: Imported Google calenders don't show up on my phone. Does anyone else have this issue. Specifically google sports calenders. they show up on my desktop but not on my phone. and it's like that for pretty much all calenders imported into google. anyone have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Question: Imported Google calenders don't show up on my phone. Does anyone else have this issue. Specifically google sports calenders. they show up on my desktop but not on my phone. and it's like that for pretty much all calenders imported into google. anyone have this issue?
    I had the same issue a few months ago. Reset the phone, re-added & synced my google account & a couple hours later my sports calendars showed up. Hope this helps.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I had the same issue a few months ago. Reset the phone, re-added & synced my google account & a couple hours later my sports calendars showed up. Hope this helps.
    nope. does not work. i webos doctored my phones removed the calenders. readded them. Nothing. unless i manually type in an even it doesn't sync at the moment making the pre calender useless for me. Don't know why this can't get sorted by palm. it's been an issue since launch.

Edit: i think i've figured something out. I found another website and got a different non google calender. I got that one to work. Still didn't sync when i opened the calender which is equally infuriating. They seriously want me to go into preferences and hit sync every two minutes. What happens when my calender get's updated without me knowing or a meeting room get's changed by someone else? It's not like i'm going to know to hit sync so it updates.

but anyways if you go into google calenders. select the individual calender, and go to calender settings i noticed the "google calenders" that is the ones directly from the google sports calenders say html. While the birthday and holiday calenders from google say ical, xml, and html under calender settings. And they show up. Maybe the issue has to do with someone, maybe palm, not coding the Pre calender to understand this html format of calender in google calender. Regardless if that is the reason why they need to fix it cause users shouldn't have to do that much. If Palm says it it syncs with google calenders it should not just some of google calender entries based on the format some guy decided to save the original import file. Only obsessive nutjob morons like me are going to stick with this. Others will just get fed up and quit and get a blackberry or an iphone.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 12/25/2009 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Unfortunately, you have to use a web based calendar. The pre stock calendar is worthless. I reluctantly use google. Sign up to google or yahoo etc, open the browser and create a shortcut and put in on the launcher bar.

To be fair using the browser to access google calendar on the pre is not bad. its actually quite good. Its easier to change existing appts because there isnt the silly scrolling calendar. There is also is an agenda view and the ability for quick entry ie. lunch 11/2 1pm-2pm @ rallys. The speed of the calendar is also very fast. The downside of course is you need an internet connection.
    How do you see the Agenda view in the Mobile calendar?
    Laissez Faire
    nope. does not work. i webos doctored my phones removed the calenders. readded them. Nothing. unless i manually type in an even it doesn't sync at the moment making the pre calender useless for me. Don't know why this can't get sorted by palm. it's been an issue since launch.

Edit: i think i've figured something out. I found another website and got a different non google calender. I got that one to work. Still didn't sync when i opened the calender which is equally infuriating. They seriously want me to go into preferences and hit sync every two minutes.................. Only obsessive nutjob morons like me are going to stick with this.............
    Haha. I know what ur goin' thru. I made completely new accounts for a yahoo and a google calendar, because not only did i have trouble getting my existing calendars to sync, but all my old contacts from my old e-mail accounts magically appeared in my pre contact list, causing me to have ALOT of explaining to do with the wife, LOL.

Obsessive Nutjob Moron here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Haha. I know what ur goin' thru. I made completely new accounts for a yahoo and a google calendar, because not only did i have trouble getting my existing calendars to sync, but all my old contacts from my old e-mail accounts magically appeared in my pre contact list, causing me to have ALOT of explaining to do with the wife, LOL.

Obsessive Nutjob Moron here too.
    "uh yeah honey, Nah. She's just a friend!"

yeah i did a similar thing. i didn't like a cluttered contact list so i set up a google account for just calender and contacts and it's the only one that sycs with my contacts. I did notice thought that without me asking after i webos doctored my phone it added contacts from all my email accounts cluttering things up again. i had to remove them to get it back to the way i wanted it.
    Question: Imported Google calenders don't show up on my phone. Does anyone else have this issue. Specifically google sports calenders.
    If you read the FAQ's on Google sports Calendars it will tell you that they are Beta and will not show up on any mobile devices. Its not the Pre's fault.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Others will just get fed up and quit and get a blackberry or an iphone.
    On a Iphone or BB you can only display ONE single Google Calendar and that's your default one. The Pre is light years ahead of every platform when it comes to displaying multiple Google calendars and even multiple exchange accounts. If you really want a terrible Calendar experience I recommend you check out Google Calendar on a BB or iphone.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011